Classic Le Mans Newsletter 2nd July 08

First the bad news, we received this news release via TSSC HQ this morning:

Mark Field has asked us to let you know that unfortunately, ADU 1B the Jigsaw Racing Le Mans Spitfire will not be going to Classic Le Mans next week.

Due to a recurring health problem affecting Mark Field, ADU 1B has had to be withdrawn from this year's Classic Le Mans. I'm sure that we all agree that Mark should concentrate on getting better as fast as possible.

Mark asked us to make this announcement, as to do it himself would be too upsetting. Team Jigsaw would like to thank all their loyal supporters and are very sorry indeed to disappoint them at this late date. Mark told us, like another team famously said of Le Mans "we will be back"!

I know that we all send Mark best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Regards,

Nigel & Bernard

Have you got your tickets?

All of the tickets went out by next day delivery last Monday. Please check that your order is correct and contact us immediately if something is wrong (..if you haven't already done so).

Team Triumph SMS

Again for 2008 we have our public announcement system for members going to Le Mans Classic next week.

It's a free-subscription service that we will use to send news and announcements directly to your mobile 'phone by SMS.

(Although we don't charge you for the messages you should check with your service provider and see if they charge you to receive SMS internationally).

Subscribe using this this link: http://team-triumph.org.uk

When you have completed the online form you will receive an email, click on the link in the email to confirm your subscription.

Emergency contact number

+44 7779 418 249

We would appreciate if you could also send us any traffic mishaps so that we can text it to the group.

Email to lemans@tssc.org.uk

Due to a server glitch, emails sent to the above address between Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon were not received. If you sent an email to us and have not received a reply, we would appreciate it if you would resend it.

Pitlane Photo

The ACO have kindly given us the pitlane for a photo session on Friday morning at 9.00am.

You are very welcome to join the line-up on the start/finish straight and pose for for the piccies. (We'll send a wakeup SMS!)

Circuit Laps - 8.30am SATURDAY

If you have ordered Track laps you should have a pink ticket marked Tour de piste.

Please attach the ticket to your mirror. You may need to tape it if you have an open top car.

The track laps depart from the assembly area on the Bugatti circuit at 8.30am. Please be there half an hour before.

Beware - Speedtraps

An article in The Telegraph mentioned that the French police are setting up traps immediatley inside speed limit changes using covert cameras (inside dustbins etc). They no longer have to advertise the locations, and are imposing large on the spot fines, and/or impoundinf vehicles. They have seen the wisdom of making money out of fines.

Flags & Banners

MG have set up camp opposite us on the inside of Tertre Rouge which is just another reason for you to bring your local area/group flags & banners and proudly display them!

See you at Le Mans!

Philip Willcocks and Team Triumph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advert 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"CIRCUIT LAPS TICKET FOR SALE!

"The ticket will be auctioned in the campsite bar at 2000 on Thursday evening.

"If you fear that you won't be there in time, secret bids to me at john.r.davies@btinternet.com must be received by Midday Sunday the 6th.

"All such will be opened before the auction starts and taken as bids from the floor.

"Proceeds to the Y2K Spitfire Project: http://www.y2kspitfire.com/ "

Advert 2

As a current member of the TSSC I am very pleased to see that there will be a strong contingent of Triumphs present at the Le Mans Classic this year.

For myself I have organised another party from the Speedster Club also to visit LMC 2008.

My problem is that despite requesting parade laps sessions for both Friday afternoon (2) and Saturday morning (24), I have now received them all 26 for Saturday morning at 9:40am. Consequently for those intending to share a car and do two lap sessions this is now not possible for them.

If anyone would like to swap their parade lap session (8:30am I believe) for a later session, please let me know. As additional enducement I am willing to include classic car parking inside the Bugatti circuit, within the Speedster Club allocated area.

I understand that this would mean not going round with all the other Triumph cars, the best we can offer is a lonely Spitfire MkII.

If you are interested please contact me trevorjhughes@hotmail.com

Many thanks,

Trevor