Where are all the TR Rally Competitors?

:( There has been a perception amongst the TR Register committee for some time now that there were quite a number of TR Register members who were currently competing or were thinking of competing in Historic Rallying. One only had to open any copy of TR Action to see the latest exploits of these individuals and if you went to spectate at a Historic Rally you were bound to see a number of TR's entered and doing well. So it was decided that I organise a TR Register Rally Championship. Steve Hall quickly stepped up and generously offered to sponsor the Championship and questionnaires were sent out, following an advert in TR Action, to all interested parties. Initial feedback was quite good and as a result Steve and I went ahead and organised the TR Register Rally Challenge sponsored by TR Enterprises in conjunction with The Historic Rally Car Club incorporating several daytime regularity and night time rallies all organised by the HRCR starting in April and finishing in December. All competitors had to do was to register free of charge with myself or the office and send in the results from the rallies they contested

I am too embarrassed to tell you how many competitors registered but you can count them on one hand!!!!

So where are you all? These are in the main non-damaging events and I cannot believe there are only a handful of members who wish to register. It is not too late to register for this year which at the present rate will be the first and last year we hold it! So please ring me on 01948 663827 or the office for a registration form and lets make the Rally Challenge a success.

:( There has been a perception amongst the TR Register committee for some time now that there were quite a number of TR Register members who were currently competing or were thinking of competing in Historic Rallying. One only had to open any copy of TR Action to see the latest exploits of these individuals and if you went to spectate at a Historic Rally you were bound to see a number of TR's entered and doing well. So it was decided that I organise a TR Register Rally Championship. Steve Hall quickly stepped up and generously offered to sponsor the Championship and questionnaires were sent out, following an advert in TR Action, to all interested parties. Initial feedback was quite good and as a result Steve and I went ahead and organised the TR Register Rally Challenge sponsored by TR Enterprises in conjunction with The Historic Rally Car Club incorporating several daytime regularity and night time rallies all organised by the HRCR starting in April and finishing in December. All competitors had to do was to register free of charge with myself or the office and send in the results from the rallies they contested

I am too embarrassed to tell you how many competitors registered but you can count them on one hand!!!!

So where are you all? These are in the main non-damaging events and I cannot believe there are only a handful of members who wish to register. It is not too late to register for this year which at the present rate will be the first and last year we hold it! So please ring me on 01948 663827 or the office for a registration form and lets make the Rally Challenge a success.

hello mike

I would be interested for next year but im only half way through my rebuild. It seems a shame that there has not been more take up but at the end of the day there are so many events on nowadays they all get watered down entries. We generally aim for 1 big continental event a year,the Monte/Tulip/Marathon sort of idea plus maybe a couple of weekenders over here or maybe something like the Rally of the Tests but really it is too time /money consuming to commit to a whole championship.

I would like to do the Ypres and the Manx next year time and money permitting but I have other motorsport commitments as well so other events look unlikely..

There do seem a few cars out there being built for rallying (or at least to look like as if they rally!) but maybe TR Enterprises would be better to try to encourage people to get out by doing price deals for TR owners who commit to events in some way rather than hope for an amount of TRs to be out on each championship round.. Maybe cheaper parts or spares packages on a use or return basis would encourage others to get out.. Last year on the Tulip there were at least 10 TRs .

Rallying classics used to be cheaper than moderns but now Endurance Rallying seems to be the fun cheap way for competitive rallyists. Im looking at getting an FIA document done for my car but it will cost me at least £600 for the document and the inspection visit so before Ive even got to the start line it will have cost as much in paperwork as my first enduro car did !

Id like ideally to use my TR for the occasional race /sprint as well ,maybe others would like to try other disciplines as well so there might be a possibility of an all comers championship ???

Keep me posted

Regards

alan