Brake Balance

For the second year in a row my US 74 TR6 has failed on left to right brake balance or more accurately a discrepancy between left and right on the rate of brake application for both front and rear. Last year I could find no good reason for this but fitted braided hoses (in case the old hoses had deteriorated inside although looked fine), new front pads and replacing the fluid. At the time this got it through the MOT but I never found a 'smoking gun' to convince me that the problem had been solved....all the pistons moved freely and everything looked in good condition.

As its failed again this year on the same issue I'm interested in any suggestions on what to look for. Seems odd to me that both front and rear circuits are affected.

Cheers

Luke

The PDWA valve is a little shuttle valve located on the left frame just below the original location of the brake master cylinder. it has a piston inside that can move off centre if there is a loss of fluid. Bleeding the brakes is enough to cause it to move. If you remove the switch from the top you can reset the piston with a small screwdriver. If the brakes are unbalanced then this switch should be lighting a red warning lamp between the gauges. My switch leaked so it was disconnected and the piston removed, leaving the brass housing as a junction.