Cars at the end of the production run

I recently bought a new trim kit for the 5 and along with all the other parts there are two rear wheelarch covers, black with their lovely white pinstripe

My car doesn't have this feature on the wheelarches, instead having plain black covers, just the same as those on a TR6 and what we can tell the car show no signs of ever having been retrimmed.

Given that this car was the 5th last 5 made (CP3097), built on the last day of production and the very next day the TR6 started, I was wondering how many parts crossed over from model to model

Does anyone know if the last few 5's had any parts from the new TR6 including trim etc etc, and whether this toloing up and tooling down affected other cars at the start or the end of the production run

Cheers :)

i would say so i have had several cars that seam to overlap two models ie the rear axle and brakes for examlple on my old suzuki vitara were off a long wheel base model when i had the short.

i also had a datsun sunny that did a similar thing so it would not surprise me at all.

they must have had just in time proceedures back in TR production, adapt and overcome and when in doubt improvise?