Hello, I've just fitted some coilover rear shocks, i've set the ride height to 24inches front and 23 rear, measuered from the top of the wheel arch to the floor, i have 200 pound springs at the moment, does anyone have any ideas what works well or is it trial and error?

Fraggle, my 8 is set on the same ride heights as you.

It has a 280 BHP 4.6L, 15" wheels, with 195 front & 215 rear tyres.

It has big big brakes front, & discs rear, 200 Lb springs, competition shocks, set full hard, & 30% harder anti roll bars, [3/32" thicker] front & rear, with an anti dive kit.

It also has a Limited slip diff.

Its cornering power is very high, [it surprises many] & the handling is pretty good, if a little sharp. It does give the impression that its thinking of biting the hand that feeds it in slower corners, under 45 MPH, now & then.

I have a 7, which is mostly as new stock, apart from 7X13" wheels, with 185s & 205 on them, with ride height set at 24.25 rear, & 23.5 front. The shocks are about 20% stiffer.

It also has the 30% heavier anti roll bars.

Its handling is brilliant. It is totally chuckable, & incrdibly forgiving. It makes you feel like Fangio. Of course, its doing everything at about 15% slower than the 8.

The 8 will go around what is a 40 MPH corner for the 7, at almost 50MPH, with no more trouble.

I think you have a pretty good starting point.