TR/TSSC Race Championship Silverstone 23-24 June

For anybody following the TR/TSSC race championship who might like to watch the cars in action please note the following:

The TR/TSSC championship will have two races on the weekend of the 23 to 24 June on the Silverstone International circuit, they will be amalgamated with the Endurance races at the end of each day.

On Saturday we will practice with race 8 (one driver endurance race) for 20 minutes.

We will race with race 8 for 30 minutes - this race will not have pitstops, we will run in our own class structure and have separate awards.

On Sunday we will practice with the race 16 for 20 minutes.

We will race with race 16 for 45 minutes - non-Triumphs will be using pitstops - Triumphs will not.

Triumphs will be ineligible for endurance awards but will run in our own class structure

For spectators, we should be practicing around 11.00am and racing around 5.00pm on Saturday and Sunday.

For spectator info, we'll be on track longer on Sunday but I would suspect that Saturday will be the best race... a full grid of 42 cars is a distinct possibility... (Triumphs and Enduro racers).

Cheers

Andy

Edited by Spit50
  • 2 weeks later...

Not got my entry list on me, but from memory at the last count there were 19 triumphs in the TR/TSSC race, about 50% Spitfire/GT6, with the rest made up of TRs. Strangely only two Class F TR7V8s at the time of publication so I'd think a few more may come in on late entries to boost the numbers. Saturday Qualy 1130, Race 1700 and Sunday Qualy 1100, Race 1630.

The are also plenty TRs running in the Thoroughbreds race Saturday(Qualy 0900, Race 1300) and a smattering of Triumphs in the Equipe GTS race Saturday and Sunday (Qualy 1030, Race 1500).

All times very approximate as my memory is not that great.

If you are coming for a Day, looks like Saturday will have the most Triumph action with a mixture of other marques beside MG in the Thoroughbreds, Equipe GTS and Enduro races Though Sunday will have its fair share too.

A provisional programme is here: http://www.mgcc.co.uk/Documents/Printables...erstone0607.pdf (though note the TR/TSSC is now with the enduro rather than morgans as shown)

Andy