I have just noticed that the rear axle rubber mount inner steel sleeve petrudes about 5mm from the rubber.

I carried out major welding on the front axle mounts last year and fitted new rubber mounts but I can't remember if the sleeve is correct or not.

There is a slight knock when pulling away so did the ujs and greased the splines that is why I am now looking at the rubbers.

I nner steel tube longer than rubber doesn't seem right to me,any views welcome.

I have just noticed that the rear axle rubber mount inner steel sleeve petrudes about 5mm from the rubber.

I carried out major welding on the front axle mounts last year and fitted new rubber mounts but I can't remember if the sleeve is correct or not.

There is a slight knock when pulling away so did the ujs and greased the splines that is why I am now looking at the rubbers.

I nner steel tube longer than rubber doesn't seem right to me,any views welcome.

Barry

I’m not really sure what sleeves you’re referring to as I don’t remember there being any inner steel sleeves; I’ve also looked in the parts book to try & refresh my memory! Are you sure you’re not looking at the end of the diff mounting pins? If so, only the threaded part should protrude below the large steel washer which in turn should slightly compress the rubber bush. You shouldn’t be able to see any of the mounting pin or the diff rubbers will move up & down. I'm inclined to think that maybe the rear pins may have pulled out of the cross member but it may explain a little better if you could post a picy.

Edited by Richard Crawley