Mirrors (again!)

I am looking for an alternative to Tex mirrors.

I inherited a pair of gleaming rectangular Tex mirrors with my TR4A and after 18 months of dedicated work I lovingly fitted them, they looked and worked, as well as a mirror can, wonderfully. Within two months, about the time it takes the plastic plinths on these mirrors to perish, the near side mirror came loose and soon ended up buried a bush!

Just a few days ago the off side mirror followed suit, when I met a truck travelling at the same speed as myself, it left the vehicle in what can only be described as a hurry, went into orbit and ended up on the verge amazingly in one peice but a bit scared. And yes the plinth was brittle with age (12 months!), cracked and unable to competently do the job it was intended for.

I know our roads (Ireland) are a bit rougher than the Tex test track but I cannot keep replacing the mirrors at this rate. Are there any other make of mirror that will fit the same holes as the Tex? Or should I put in a standing order for new mirrors?!!!

I

Just a few days ago the off side mirror followed suit, when I met a truck travelling at the same speed as myself, it left the vehicle in what can only be described as a hurry, went into orbit and ended up on the verge amazingly in one piece but a bit scared.

Priceless. :lol:

Rob.

Edited by robgeev

Just a few days ago the off side mirror followed suit, when I met a truck travelling at the same speed as myself, it left the vehicle in what can only be described as a hurry, went into orbit and ended up on the verge amazingly in one piece but a bit scared.

Priceless. :lol:

Rob.

Sorry about the typo, I meant scarred, although it probably was scared ****less!!

Justin..

Justin,

Take a look at Holden Vintage and Classic supplies, they might have what you are looking for.

http://www.holden.co.uk/viewproducts.asp?s...52&pageno=2

They do a very nice, period looking, round mirror and a choice of mirror arms, straight , curved, long,short to suit. Choice of mirror, flat or convex. No plastic parts to perish and go brittle in the sunshine.

Ian