2nd September 2017
TR Register Scottish Weekend at the Bo'Ness Revival 2017
You can read the article on last years event: just click here
TR Register members in Scotland finally have their own National event in Scotland. Many members of the TR Register from South of the border make the journey North to take part in the Scottish Weekend with usually a close to 50 / 50 split from members from each side of the border.
The emphasis is on being actively involved with Road Runs etc. and there are numerous trophies up for grabs on the TR Register stand, in addition to eligibility for the overall Bo'ness Revival awards.
Whilst activity is going on in the Showfield including an arena featuring interviews and presentations on the full spectrum of classic cars hosted by Wayne Scott on the Sunday, there are two full days of historic hillclimb action, including the closely contested TR only class sponsored by the TR Register. If all the motor sport, road runs, rallies, stalls and stands aren't enough to hold your attention then you have the Kinneil Steam Railway and Kinneil House to explore as well as local attractions such as the Falkirk wheel. With plenty of hotel options nearby to suit all budgets there is no reason not to book now and join us.
Below is an entry form, should you consider attending please do not delay too long as entries from individuals and other attending clubs are coming in at a steady rate and once the Showfield capacity is reached the entry list shall be closed. We look forward to welcoming you to the TR Register Scottish Weekend 2017.
The TR Register Scottish Weekend
Official Partner with the Bo'ness Revival
- The opportunity to display your TR on the TR Register Club Stand with like-minded enthusiasts
- Trophies and Awards for TR Register members on the Club Stand
- The opportunity for TR Register members to participate in all Bo'ness Classic activities over the Bo'ness Revival Weekend
The Bo'ness Classic
- Saturday Bo'ness Saltire Trophy, an Historic Rally style event with 'Tulip' Rally Book, Code Boards, 4-Autotests, 3- Regularity Sections, including a run up the famous Bo'ness Hillclimb track on Sunday as part of the competition. Entrants do not require an MSA Competition Licence. Separate entry fee applies.
- Saturday Bo'ness to Balmaha Road Run, a convoy drive through some of Scotland's finest scenery, finishing on the banks of Loch Lomond. Separate Entry fee applies.
- Saturday evening Hog Roast in the VIP marquee with live music. Separate entry fee applies.
- The Bo'ness Classic 'Car of the Event' competition.
- The Bo'ness Classic 'Carkhana', a driving skills competition open to individual and team entries.
- The Bo'ness Classic 'Distance Award', for the furthest travelled entrant to the Bo'ness Reival.
- The Bo'ness Classic 'Spirit of the Event' Award.
- The Bo'ness Classic Club Stand Competition.
- Interviews and commentary by our very own Wayne Scott in the TR Register sponsored Bo'ness Classic Arena.
The Bo'ness Hillclimb
- Over 100-cars spanning 7-decades of Motor Sport competition battling it out for honours on the tricky Bo'ness Hillclimb track over 2-days
- The closely fought TR class, sponsored by the TR Register.
- Full access to all Hillclimb spectator areas for TR Register members.
Venue Postcode EH51 0PR
Enter the TR Register Scottish Weekend Online!
Download Entry Form and Regulations for the Saltire Trophy
Order of Events
Saturday 2nd September
08.00. Bo'ness Classic Showfield opens. Only cars displaying the Bo'ness Classic Entry Pass on their windscreen shall be allowed entry to the Showfield, any car not displaying an Entry Pass shall be directed to the public car park.
09.50. First car in the Bo'ness to Balmaha Road Run departs from Bo'ness town centre.
10.00. First car in the Bo'ness Saltire Trophy departs from Bo'ness town centre.
11.50. Cars start to arrive at the Dunblane Hydro Hotel.
Bo'ness Saltire Trophy Entry Fee of £65.00 includes tea, coffee and sandwiches at the Dunblane Hydro.
Bo'ness to Balmaha Road Run Entry Fee of £11.00 per person includes tea, coffee and sandwiches at the Dunblane Hydro.
13.00. First car departs Dunblane Hydro.
15.00. Cars start to arrive at the Oak Tree Inn Balmaha.
A full range of refreshments and bar meals shall be available at the Oak Tree Inn in Balmaha at cost.
Entrants are free to depart Balmaha at their own discretion.
For entrants of the Bo'ness Classic who do not wish to participate in the Road Run or Revival Challenge, access to all spectator areas of the Hillclimb and Showfield are available.
19.30. The Bo'ness Revival Hog Roast with live entertainment commences, pre-booked tickets are required at a cost of £10.00 per person.
Sunday 3rd September
08.00. Bo'ness Classic Showfield opens. Entrants are asked to be in their positions by 10.00 at the very latest. Only cars displaying the Bo'ness Classic Entry Pass on their windscreen shall be allowed entry to the Showfield, any car not displaying an Entry Pass shall be directed to the public car park.
10.00. Activities in the Arena commence with Wayne Scott.
- Interviews with the owners of participating cars and general features of interest commence.
- Bo'ness Classic Carkhana commences, open to individuals and teams of three from participating clubs.
- Bo'ness Classic Club Stand Competition judging commences
- Bo'ness Classic 'Car of the Event' judging commences on club stands. Only cars which have completed either of the Saturday Road Runs are eligible for this award.
- BHCR 'Best Individual Entry' judging commences on the Individual Entries area.
12.30. Timed Runs on the Hillclimb course for Bo'ness Saltire Trophy entrants commence.
13.30. Activities in the Arena recommence.
15.00. Finalists for Bo'ness Classic trophies enter the Arena.
16.00. Presentation of all trophies as follows:
- Bo'ness Classic Club Stand Competition. Champions, Runners-Up, Third Place.
- Bo'ness Classic Distance Award. Winner
- Bo'ness Classic Carkhana. Individual Champion and Team Champions
- Bo'ness Classic Spirit of the Event Award. Winner
- BHCR 'Best Individual Entry' Award Winner.
- Bo'ness Classic 'Car of the Event' Award. Champion, Runner-Up, Third Place.
- The Bo'ness Saltire Trophy. Champion, Runner-Up, Third Place. Team Champions
1.The Closing date for entry to the Motoring Heritage Weekend is 6th August 2017.
2.The entry fee also enables access to all of the Bo'ness Hillclimb spectator areas.
3.Only registered entrants for the Motoring Heritage Weekend displaying the windscreen entry card will be eligible to display their car in the Showfield. Cars not displaying an entry card shall unfortunately be directed to the public car park.
4.Entry packs shall start being posted out on 15th August.
5.It is hoped that entrants understand the necessity for a prescribed closing date to enable detailed planning as knowledge of the number of cars for the rallies and runs, the number of cars on each club stand and number of entrants for the Bo'ness Concours is imperative to enable the smooth running of the event on the day.