*Please note, the position has now been filled and we will be announcing the new editor in due course.
If you love TRs, then there surely could be no better opportunity than the role of Editor for TR Action Magazine.
It's a fantastic role within the club where you get to meet members, fellow TR enthusiasts and share the incredible stories of their cars. It's also an incredibly rewarding role where you get free rein to express your creativity and produce a superb magazine that you, and your club, will be proud of.
We have always recruited our editor from within the club, to ensure that the passion for TR oozes from every page and that we continue to produce a magazine that is for the members, by the members. We would really like to continue that tradition so, maybe it could be you who will take TR Action Magazine into a new and exciting era?
As a volunteer you will be supported by a professional sub-editor and also graphic designer who will be responsible for laying out the pages to your specification. We currently produce 8 issues each year, but moving forward we can consider moving to 6 issues per year, to help a volunteer manage the workload and keep the club's costs sustainable.
How to apply
If you would like more information on the role then contact us for the detailed job specification, or see below for details.
If you fancy shaping the future of the best TR magazine in the world then apply via email to the MT via: email@example.com in the first instance, detailing your experience, ideas and why you feel you would be suitable for the role.
Alternatively, for a chat about what is involved, contact Wayne Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org for an insight.
The TR Register is seeking a new magazine editor to take TR Action Magazine into a new era. Working alongside our designer and print supplier, you will be creating the award-winning club magazine for the TR Register. You will be required to produce six issues per year.
- Plan production schedule and manage deadlines.
- Demonstrate good digital skills and computer literacy, as you will be working remotely via online proofing and project management platforms.
- Generate story ideas and plan features through the year.
- Write major features and visit members and feature cars for photo shoots and interviews.
- Receive, organise, proof and curate copy.
- Support, commission and manage volunteer writers.
- Approve content, appearance and layout of featured articles.
- Oversee photography, design and artwork to be used in TR Action.
- Proofread, edit and rewrite articles to meet high standards and TR Action tone of voice.
- Meet and liaise with suppliers for print, design and postage and review processes.
- Comply with media and copyright law and regulations.
- Understand the target audience.
- Demonstrate strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Work under pressure, to deadlines with a good attention to detail.
Manage the budget and costs.