Ian.

Thank you for the advice regarding lock stops.

All.

This brings me back to my previous comment that the body offset is more noticeable with wider wheels. Following a comparison of gaps it is apparent that the nearside wheel sits further from the upright, trunnion, top link etc than the offside does - hence the near side wheel appears "further out" in comparison to the wheel arch than the offside wheel does. Wheel / tyres and hub extensions are all new, similar, matching etc.

Any views, comments or advice would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Stuart.

Even though they are new are your front wheels a pair? One may have greater offset than the other.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dawn,

I have a TR4 which had 5.5 Minilites with195/60 tyres when I bought it and the steering was dreadfully heavy at low speed which, in my humble opinion puts a great deal of extra load on the steering components. I recently changed to 175/70 Vredestein Sprint Classic's which have improved low speed manoeuvering and also improved the ride quality. They also look good and fill the wheelarches quite adequately.

Many years ago I had aTR 4 with TR6 steel wheels but can not remember what tyres were on it. I had no fouling issues wharsoever.

I am not a fan of wire wheels but love the look of the minilite style wheels which are also in period with the car.

Good luck with whichever option you choose.

Charles Marten