13th October 2019
Wharfedale Group Autumn Leaves run to Nunnington Hall
Our Autumn Leaves run is to Nunnington Hall in Ryedale (Nunnington, North Yorkshire, York YO62 5UY) starting from Stephen Smiths garden centre, Pool Road, Otley, LS21 1DY. Meet at 10am for a 10.30am departure. There is not a detailed route, you may need to do some navigating yourself! Below is an expected route but with no mileages. The run is about 50 miles. Meet us there, or en-route, if you prefer.
You can see details of the property at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/nunnington-hall. Hopefully we will be able to park immediately in front of the hall so that we can get some good photos. There will be a small admission charge for non-National Trust members. There is a good café on site.
Please try to support this outing as it represents the formal end to our TR year. Let me know if you can come.
Mike Sloan firstname.lastname@example.org
- A658 to Pannal
- Cross A1M at RA & TL to A168 then TR to Boroughbridge
- Stay on A168 through several RA until it becomes a dual carriageway
- Stay on A168 until left fork onto A170 to Thirsk
- At RA TR to stay on A17 (Sutton Rd)
- Climb Sutton Bank, very steep, sharp bends
- Fork R. SP Byland Abbey, brown sign
- In Ampleforth TL then TR
- At T Junction with B1257 TR SP Oswaldkirt 1/2m
- TL at brown Nunnington Hall sign
- At X roads TL at brown Nunnington Hall sign
- Cross bridge and TR into car park