4th December 2016
Devon Group - Christmas Lunch
Kindly being organised by Derek & Janet Hurford.
We have selected a lovely venue for our Group's Christmas Lunch event which will be held on Sunday 4 December 2016.
Hotel Endsleigh, Milton Abbot, Devon PL19 0PQ, is a Grade I historic house set in 100 acres of fairytale woodland, follies and grottos created by Humphrey Repton. The Duke of Bedford, who owned a third of Devon, chose this spot for his fishing and hunting lodge. Hidden on the edge of the Dartmoor, many of the rooms have magnificent views of the gardens, the river Tamar and beyond into Cornwall.
We have reserved their beautifully converted Stable Room where they can accommodate up to 45 guests. We will aim to arrive around 12.30 to be seated for 1.00pm.
The menu choices available are:
- Ham hock terrine - toasted brioche, Madeira reduction, quince jelly
- Cauliflower and pickled cucumber salad - smoked salmon mousse, fruit vinaigrette
- Endive salad (v) - Devon Blue cheese, pear, walnuts, cider dressing
- Free range roast turkey - roast potatoes, pigs in blanket, winter vegetables, braised red cabbage, sproutvelouté
- Grilled stone bass - potato rösti, spinach, crayfish, white burgundy sauce
- Crown Prince squash, spinach and celeriac lasagne (v) - Jerusalem artichoke Lyonnaise
- Endsleigh Christmas pudding - clotted cream, brandy butter, English custard
- Mulled poached pear - lavender shortbread
- British artisan cheeses (£3.00 supplement) - chutney, membrillo, grapes, crackers
Petit Fours and Coffee
The cost of each meal is £29.95
Last year's Christmas lunch was very popular and well attended and this year, we expect demand to also be high. If you wish to join us, please can you confirm this with Derek & Janet through email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01803 812473 or 07542 596718 as soon as possible.
Choices can be confirmed with payment. Please note that we need a £10 deposit to be with Derek by 16th October and balance of payment by 14th November (so there is an opportunity to pass money to Derek at our next lunch meeting, if you're attending).