Click here for tickets to the Triumph and MG Weekend !

Pulled and cleaned the petrol tank, the fuel pump, the fuel metering unit and the throttle bodies/inlet manifolds. Replaced the plugs, condenser, distributor cap, points and HT leads and oh yeah put in a new starter. Sounds a lot but they aren't very expensive bits to be fair and as this is my first restoration and first play with cars for many years I went back to basics, fuel, air, fire and turn it over fast enough something will explode. After a bit of faffing about with getting the timing 180 degrees out and assistance from the Forum (thanks folks) it started, quite easily once I got the timing right. Oh I should mention that I did get the throttle bodies and injectors overhauled by Neil Ferguson, I had a deadline and no spares and not the expertise either, he did a great job and really pulled the stops out so very grateful to him.

Great excitement when it started and being ambitious my son and I thought it might be fun if it drove up onto the trailer by itself. New clutch master and slave cylinder and a bit of rocking in gear to free the clutch up (seized to the flywheel) and it drove, up onto the trailer under its own steam after 30 + years. Great little car. So far....................