Red Rose Bulletin - July 2020
RED ROSE JULY BULLETIN
STOP PRESS!!!! HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!!!
Bob has been in contact with the organisers of the Gold Cup and they are planning for the event to still go ahead! However they are still waiting for further instructions from the government regarding spectators.
We have decided that it is worth booking on and getting tickets. If you would like to book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
Bob will need your car make, model and registration number along with your name and address so he can post out the tickets.
Life In Lock Down Month Four!
Month 4 in lockdown and this way of life is becoming our new normal!
I hope you are all safe and well and now that restrictions are starting to lift you are able to see more of your families.
Things in the Smith household have changed a bit. Jonathan is still working from home but I am back doing my normal hours although I have had a temporary change of job role and am doing three afternoons a week in our reception class. It keeps me busy and means I don’t have to listen to so many of Jonathan’s endless phone calls and TEAMS meetings.
We have taken the plunge and booked a socially distant holiday on a barge! Not quite the same as going away in the TR but at least I can take more clothes with me!
I have noticed a few more of us are venturing out in our cars and I am hoping that some of us can meet up very soon for a socially distant picnic and an overdue catch up.
In the meantime if you have a spare few mins why not have a read of the TR Action! Our very own Deputy Group Leader Richard has a piece in issue no 321!
DON’T FORGET YOUR SPECS!
Sian Chandler is still collecting old and unwanted glasses for SPECSORT which is run by two Rotarian Ophthalmologists who dispense personally throughout Africa. The glasses are cleaned, and measured and given out on an individual needs basis, by the Ophthalmologist. All donations would be much appreciated
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE TR REGISTER NORTH WEST 50TH ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND
Following on from the email we sent out last week the vast majority of those with a hotel booking have agreed to move the event to 2021. We have been in dialogue with MacDonald Hotels over the last week and the good news is that our event will now move to August bank holiday weekend 2021 and all deposits will be carried over with no increase in price for rooms or evening meal.
It proved to be quite a long winded process involving many emails back and forth but the following is a summary of those emails.
Is there an option of deferring the event to the same weekend next year and would arrangements / agreements for the evening meal including rates for 2020 apply to 2021? Would all of the room bookings and deposits people have made move to 2021 at the same rates as 2020?
On this occasion I can confirm we are happy to move the reservation to 2021. Your booking will be moved to the 2021 dates as requested. Everything remains the same. There will be no rate change. You can then pick up with the Hotel next month after re-opening.
I will now contact Chloe, the events manager at the Portal Hotel as soon as she returns from furlough, and get a new contract drawn up and confirm arrangements for 2021. We will also get the hotel to contact all those who have booked a room to confirm their new booking and the revised date.
It been a bit quiet this month on the Facebook page but we are still getting some photos of what you have been getting up to and here are some of our favourites starting with Sian Chandler who won first prize in the village Scarecrow competition! Her entry was called “All creatures Great and Small!” and she even managed to convince the judges that James Herriot drove a Red TR6!
David and Tracie Baileys new garage? This has sparked much discussion on the Red Rose Facebook page – Craft room or Garage? Not to mention David’s ingenious method for lifting plasterboard making good use of the engine hoist!
Nigel and Rosemary Moss out in their TR4
Michael Biddulph’s much debated TR4A bumper or no bumper question on Red Rose Face book page
Jonathan and Caroline Smith crossing the new Mersey Gateway Bridge in their TR4 – Surprisingly free of traffic!
Sadly as you will be aware all of our planned events for July and most for August have been cancelled although The Gold Cup may still be on although without the TR resister 50th NW Region event previously planned for this year (Refer to updated events schedule below)
NEW DATES: TR Register Day at British Motor Museum, Gaydon.
This event has now been re-scheduled for the 6th September 2020 and re badges as a regional event following the cancelling of this year’s 50th celebrations. All previous bookings and registrations will be transferred to the new date. If you cannot make this new date, you can cancel your attendance from within your "My Events" tab in the members area.
Held alongside the National BMC & British Leyland Show and the Metro and Mini Show, this event will celebrate 40 years since the closure of BL Motorsport's Abingdon operation, so there will be a huge variety of other cars on display!
- Free entry to the Museum for up to 2 people arriving in a display TR
- Special display and presentation on 50 years of the TR Register
- Awards for TRs
- On-site catering or bring a picnic
- FREE Tea, Coffee and Biscuits for TR Register members.
Pre - registration deadline is 1st September 2020 and is essential to qualify for your free admission. Log in to your members account and fill out the event registration form below.
Please note: Passes to this event are given on the understanding that we will be providing display cars for the museum for the day. Therefore, members arriving in a non-TR or not displaying will be charged full price at the gate regardless of pre-booking status.
BEAR TOWN ROAD CRUISE 27TH SEPTEMBER
The following information is taken from their Facebook page.
The cruise will be open to all treasured vehicles including, classics, exotica and customs, trucks & bikes. The objectives of the event to have FUN stay SAFE and raise MONIES for the new Macclesfield Christie Cancer Centre.
The cruise will commence from Congleton Town Centre and head for Tatton Park by way of Jodrell Bank. After a relaxing break at Tatton Park we would head back to the picturesque Gawsworth Hall. There will be no entry fee charged to Bear Town Road Cruisers to Tatton Park or Gawsworth Hall.
All in all it should be a leisurely 1.5 hours road time covering some 50 miles. There will be a £20 fee for each car entered, and all monies raised will go to the nominated charity. Of course, in addition to the entry fee, individuals can plan to raise additional funds themselves - all monies will be greatly appreciated! Should you wish to participate or help out at the event, please email: email@example.com
End Of Year Run
We are very much hoping that we will be able to have a run towards the end of the year and any suggestions would be most welcome. We have already had a few emails suggesting a meet up for a picnic.
PLANS FOR 2021
2020 is proving to be a bit of a wash out in terms of car events so we all need to look ahead to next year more than ever and start making plans!
Suggestions so far include a holiday to France, A weekend in Wales with a visit to Portmeirion and the ever popular Coast to Coast. If you have anything you would like us to look into doing in 2021 please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You all have plenty of time to come up with ideas so get your thinking caps on!
We will be back next month with another bulletin and in the mean time STAY ALERT AND STAY SAFE!
- 3,4,5th July Aysgarth Weekend – Cancelled until 2021
- 5th July – Lydiate Classic Car Show – Cancelled until 2021
- 5th July – Leighton Hall, Classic Car Show, Carnforth (pre booking required) Mark Woodward Events - Re scheduled for Sunday 9h August – See Mark Woodward Event web site for details
- 9-12th July – Goodwood Festival of Speed – Cancelled with revised date TBC
- 12th July – Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting and afternoon run – Cancelled pending further relaxation of UK Gov guidance and direction from TR Register
- 12th July – BMC, British Leyland and TR Register event at National Motor Museum Gaydon – Pre booking required – Reschedule for 5th September refer to TR Register web site for latest details
- 1st 2nd August –Hebden Bridge Vintage weekend and Classic Car Show - pre booking required cancelled
- 2nd August – Lytham Hall Classic Car Show, Lytham St Anne’s, Mark Woodward Events (pre booking required)
- 9th August – Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting and afternoon run - Cancelled pending further relaxation of UK Gov guidance and direction from TR Register
- 19th August – Stoneyhurst College Classic Car show (pre booking required) Classic shows
- 15, 16th August Tatton Park Classic and Passion for Power show – Red Rose August stand cancelled
- 14, 15 and 16th August - TR Register International Weekend, Stratford on Avon Race Course cancelled
- 29, 30, 31st August – Oulton Park Gold cup and North West TR Register 50th Anniversary Weekend - Hotel and evening dinner postponed till next year ) Gold cup to be confirmed see announcement above
- 30th August – Capesthorne Classic Car show, (pre booking required) Classic Shows
- 31st August - August bank holiday