Red Rose Bulletin - April 2020
RED ROSE APRIL BULLETIN
Firstly we hope you are all safe and well and are managing to keep yourselves busy during the lock down!
This is certainly not the bulletin I thought I would be writing! Our lives are on hold for the moment but I am sure if we all do as we are told we will get through this and be back together as a club and out in our cars before too long.
Red Rose meetings and events for April and May are currently cancelled however looking on the bright side there is now no excuse to not to catch up on all those jobs we have been putting off and we can all stay in touch via emails and Facebook. If anyone is interested we could set up a club WhatsApp group please email us if this something you would be interested in doing along with instructions of how to do it! I am joking! I think! How hard can it be!
It seems hard to imagine that only a few weeks ago we had our March meeting.
Not quite knowing what was to come!
We had a great turnout and everyone enjoyed voting for their favourite photos in the photo competition.
AND THE WINNERS ARE!
2nd Jonathan and Caroline Smith
3rd Richard and Sian Chandler
4th Richard and Sian Chandler
5th John and Anne Thorpe
Equal 6th - Ken Harrison, Andrew Heywood, Keith Nutall, Keith Nutall, Barry Williams
11th Chris and Sandra Briggs
All the winners will appear as the cover photo on our Facebook page throughout 2021. The eagle eyed among you will have noted there are 13 winners. This is for if we have a Red Rose Calendar in 2021 when we would need a cover photo as well as the monthly ones.
Jonathan also updated us with news from the Group Leaders meeting particularly regarding the upcoming changes planned for the TR Action. There is a new sub editor and it will shortly be going to monthly issues. We have been assured that any problems have been ironed out and it will be on time! Although given the current situation it could take a little longer than anticipated to make the changes.
I know lots of you are using your time to work on your cars and tidy your garages! Can you please take some pictures of what you are up to on your cars and put them our Facebook page or send them to Phil to put on the website.
Also let us know what you are doing to pass the time. Here in the Smith household we are both still working, I am on a rota in school looking after the children of some of our key workers and Jonathan has set up a home office in the front bedroom where every day is take your dog to work day!
When this is over we will all have clean tidy houses, immaculate gardens and shiny fully working TR’S!
I for one am looking forward to a run out with my top off!
We are living in uncertain times and no one knows how long things will remain as they are.
Sadly as you will be aware most of our planned events up to June/July have been cancelled or postponed (Refer to updated events schedule below)
So far we have not cancelled our 50th anniversary celebrations as we live in hope that by August restrictions may have been lifted and we can have a wonderful weekend together. We will wait and see what government guidelines are nearer the time and inform everyone accordingly.
We will have to make sure that we make the end of the year as special as we can!
Something for everyone to look forward to is:
Red Rose Private Cinema Screening – The World’s Fastest Indian, Sunday 18th October
This is a new event and will be held on the 18th October with lunch followed by a private screening of “The World’s Fastest Indian” at the Woolton Picture House, Woolton Village Liverpool.
Email Jonathan / Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details to book your place.
PLANS FOR 2021
2020 is turning into everyone’s Annus Horribilis so we all need to look ahead to next year more than ever!
Suggestions so far include a holiday to France, a weekend in Wales with a visit to Portmeirion and the ever popular Coast to Coast. If you have anything you would like us to look into doing in 2021 please email us at email@example.com
We will be back next month with another bulletin and in the mean time STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE!
Events Schedule Update
- 1st April – April Fool’s day mid week run to the new Oil Can Cafe, Cancelled - to be rescheduled
- 19th April – Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting - Cancelled
- 26th April – Red Rose Drive It Day - Run to Severn Valley Railway – Cancelled - to be rescheduled
- 1, 2, 3rd May – Traws Weekend – Cancelled and rescheduled for May 2021
- 1 ,2, 3rd May – Donnington Historic Festival - Cancelled
- 8th May - Gawsworth classic car show – Red Rose Stand – Cancelled
- 17th May –Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting – Cancelled, Post meeting run to The Secret Bunker, - To be rescheduled
- 17th May Standard Triumph / TR Register Picnic, Walton Hall Hotel, Warwickshire - Cancelled
- 23rd May – Weaver Wander Classic Car Rally - Red Rose group booking, - Currently rescheduled for 12th September
- 24, 25th May – Capesthorne Classic Car show and Run - Cancelled
- 25th May – Young Timer car show Gawsworth post 1970 cars – Cancelled
- 6th and 7th June Tatton Park classic and performance car show – Cancelled and currently rescheduled as joint show on the 15, 16th August combined with Classic and Passion for Power show - Red Rose Stand pending status of TR Register IWE
- 12 -14th June – TR Register Derbyshire - Cancelled
- 14th June Big Boys Breakfast – Cancelled with revised date TBC
- 14th June – Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting Cancelled pending status of UK Gov guidance for June