Red Rose Bulletin - May 2019
RED ROSE MAY BULLETIN
Hello everyone. Despite a scorching Easter weekend the weather has disappointingly changed yet again. Hopefully normal service will shortly resume as there are a lot of Red Rose and TR Register events to take advantage of over the next couple of months including Red Rose Sunday runs and meetings in May and June, TR6 day on the 19h May, Tatton and Gawsworth shows plus a host of other classic car shows and rallies.
If you haven't already done so check out the Red Rose events list and if there is anything you fancy or if you need more details drop Jonathan and Caroline an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Red Rose our monthly meetings continue to go from strength to strength and our April meeting was no exception with the landlady struggling to find chairs and space at another full meeting.
Jonathan shared all the news from the group leaders meeting with lots of positive feedback not to mention the efforts being made by the management team in particular the efforts of the new Forum team. If you haven't recently visited the forum please give it a try as it provides a vast resource of information including a few new sections for those less technically minded.
There was much talk about the variable issue dates of TR Action and Jonathan was able to confirm that over the last few months a number of issues have contributed to the late distribution of the magazine the majority of which we are led to believe are now resolved.
Arrangements for the International weekend at Stafford upon Avon Racecourse are well under way and we can confirm that Red Rose member Harvey Maitland has stepped up to take on the role of organising the concourse / pride of ownership. Well done Harvey!
Again we had more new members and cars at our April meeting with a few old faces making a welcome return.
The post meeting run to Manley Mere, our first of the year, was a great success with over fifteen cars braving the chilly spring weather to enjoy afternoon tea in the recently refurbished cafe. I am sure everyone who attended would like to thank John and Anne Thorpe for another well organised run.
Looking ahead to our May meeting on the 12th May we have another post meeting run this time to Grappenhall Heys Walled Garden kindly organised by David and Tracie Bailey.
Further ahead we have a bumper event on Sunday 9th June with an invitation to attend the Big Boys Breakfast at Antrobus Village Hall followed by a run through Cheshire and returning for our monthly meeting at The Cock at Budworth. If this wasn't enough we also have an invite to attend the Lion Salt works Vintage festival after the meeting.
If you haven't been to a meeting before why not come along and join us for the run as it is a great way of getting to know everyone.
Drive It Day
This year's drive it day was to the RNLI Lifeboat Station at Hoylake with nineteen car attending.
After visiting Port Sunlight, Church Farm, and Leasowe Castle for Sunday lunch we stopped off at the lifeboat station with the privilege of having our cars lined up on the slip way in front of the station. The RNLI volunteers treated us to a guided tour of the station which was very informative and everyone was amazed and impressed by the service provide by the RNLI which is solely funded by donations. Red Rose collected over a hundred pounds in thanks.
This year drive it day would not have been the success it was without the sterling efforts of Tim and Karen Davies who organised the event from start to finish. Many thanks Tim and Karen for a job well done.
Red Rose Facebook Group
Thank you to those who have recently joined the Red Rose Facebook group We now have 123 members.
Why not join? We will be announcing event details and updates through the year on the Facebook page and all TR Register members are encouraged to join and share details of their cars and events they have attended. We will be running the face book draw again next year and to ensure you are eligible for a place you need to place a posting on the face book page in 2019.
Events List May / June
- 3, 4, 5 May – Donnington Historic Festival (TR Register)
- 6 May - Gawsworth Hall classic car show. – Red Rose stand
- 12 May – Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting and afternoon run- Grappenhall Heys Walled Garden
- 18 May – Weaver Wander Classic Car Rally - Rotary Club of Crewe and Nantwich (Pre booking required) – Red Rose cars attending
- 19 May – National TR6 Day – TR Register event, Wroxall Abbey, Wroxall
- 26, 27 May – Capesthorne Classic Car show and Run (Pre booking required) Classic Shows
- 27 May Gawsworth Hall Young timer car show – Classic cars manufactured between 1970 to 1990
- 1 - 2 June Tatton Park classic and performance car show – Booking closed for Red Rose Stand
- 2 to 8 June Red Rose Isle White week – Fully Booked
- 9 June – Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting and afternoon run- Details to be confirmed
- 16 June – Houghton Tower – Fathers day classic car show, Mark Woodward Classic Events (pre booking required)
- 16 June – Peaks and Dales Classic Car Run, Hare and Hounds Classic Car Club (Pre booking required) https://www.hhcvc.com/peaksanddales or email email@example.com for details – Red Rose Cars attending
- 18 June – Plough and Flail, MGCC concourse show
- 23 June - Lymm historic transport festival (Booking closed for display cars)
There's a lot to look forward to this year at Red Rose and if you are thinking of attending any of the meetings, monthly runs or events we can promise you a warm welcome.
For pdf version please click here: Red-Rose-Bulletin-May-2019.pdf