UPDATE FROM JOHN MORRISON
Good Morning Cumbria Group,
I hope you are all keeping well.
I guess like me, most of you are, 'Chomping at the bit,' to get some Tr'ing done, before the summers gone all together.
My thinking is that the next group meet or two, are going to need to be in the open, and thus, a Picnic! so I need your help.
I know a number of picnic spots in North Cumbria, some, we have visited as a group before, but you will all know areas that you have used local to you .
Can you let me have some ideas please? This is not ideal, I know, but it does not look like we are going to be able to meet at a coffee shop, or plan a pub lunch anytime soon, and as all the info is that this virus does not transmit well in the open, I think for a month or two,with social distancing, this is the obvious, safest option.
We also need to remember that public toilets are, as yet, mostly still closed, so perhaps a rendezvous at a supermarket or say Rheghed would be wise? We also will not that I can see, be able to have an indoor, 'Back up' if the weather is poor on the day, so we need 'Fingers Crossed' on that.
I have contacted the Riverdale Hall Hotel, and they plan to reopen Friday July 3rd, so will, depending on the national situation, be open for us if we want to go,
see our programme, D B & B Sat 4th.
I explained that I would need to contact you all, and that I thought it unlikely that we would still need all twelve rooms, but it was possible we would need some.
So, assuming the hotel is back up and running, You have two weeks to decide before I promised to get back to the Hotel with confirmation of numbers or a cancellation.
My thoughts are that an easy run over the hills on the Saturday and a different return, (If the original plan to go to Jim Clark Museum at Duns cannot happen) would be a real tonic, what with all that has happened so far in 2020.
You all have two weeks to let me have your thinking, on the hotel, and picnic spots A.S.A.P