Newsletter (Round Robin) May/June 2019
How many miles on your TR?
So summer is finally here and the TR has been out nearly every day last week. The diary is looking good so here goes;
1) 29th of May - Dave Solomon Wensum Group is having a run out to Flixton Aviation museum Flixton to which we are cordially invited. Having been there a couple of years ago this is a real hidden treasure so if you fancy a trip out let me know-01787282176, we can meet at Tesco's Bury St Eds about 10.30 am for a trip there. We aim to arrive at the museum about midday, the NAAFI there does light lunches, snacks and the nearby pub, The Buck Inn does full meals, postcode NR53 1NZ.
2) 5th of June - meet up with Lincs Group Lincs, who are touring Suffolk, at The Manger for a meal. We currently have 30 people attending so if you would like to join us give The Manger The Manger a ring on 01284 386516 tell them you are with the TR Register and book a table, pre ordering food would be helpful the menu is on their website.
3) 11th of June - this is Club Night when we will have the Boules Competition (presumably we will still be part of Europe) so if you wish to "asumir el reto", "reliever le defi"or even "herausforderung annehmem" (why does German take so many letter?) then do come along. There will probably be a no expense spared prize so don't try too hard.
3) 16th of June - is the Sporting car Club of Norfolk Ltd Midsummer Vintage and Classic Run SCCON starting from Snetterton. So, if you missed the WSCC Run this is a second chance to get out with like minded people and have fun. Entry is £30.00 per car and you can find details on their web site. Sally and I are entered (yes still talking after the West Suffolk).
4) 17th of July - is the Show and Shine of Lea Valley Lea Valley at The Cock Public House Broom near Bedford SG18 9NA to which we are invited. If anyone is interested please let me know for times etc.
5) and finally (thank goodness my fingers are nearly to the bone) there is a classic car and bike show at Glenham Hall on 1st September 10.30 am to 5.00 pm. This is one that I have never been to so if you are interested let me know.
That's it I'm off to lay down (under a TR to spot the oil leak), have fun and get the car out.
Stewart Hurrell, 01787-282176 / 07758-086981, Trmessagestewart@hotmail.com