Identify these wheels please?

Been looking for TR7 wheel inspiration on the web and found this (sorry can't remember who's site it was) - what are these wheels? I've seen them before but can't remember what bally car they were on!! :angry:

rimshot.jpg

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Been looking for TR7 wheel inspiration on the web and found this (sorry can't remember who's site it was) - what are these wheels? I've seen them before but can't remember what bally car they were on!! :angry:

Can't help with the wheels themselves but I'm pretty sure that, that car is TrishaTR and belongs to Jay who runs www.triumphtr7.com. You'll probably be able to get more information there or from Jay direct (except I have just tried and the site seems to be down right now - probably only being updated - I expect it will be back later).

Can't help with the wheels themselves but I'm pretty sure that, that car is TrishaTR and belongs to Jay who runs www.triumphtr7.com. You'll probably be able to get more information there or from Jay direct (except I have just tried and the site seems to be down right now - probably only being updated - I expect it will be back later).

Cheers Gordon - I've had a punt about on Jay's site and it sure is TRisha - couldn't find any info on the wheels so I'll have to email him ...or is he registered on this site? Anyhow, thanks for the lead.

Damn that subscription to Hot Car magazine in the 70's - now I'm hearing voices too! Were they called Turbo Vanes? ...or am I thinking of the (much more dished) ones as fitted to the A-Team van? :huh:

So choice-wise (bearing in mind I want to run the standard tyre sizes) there's the factory TR7 alloys, Minilites, WR slots, Montego alloys, Dolomite Sprint alloys(?), factory steels with covers, and what else??

Edited by Mad Zero
Damn that subscription to Hot Car magazine in the 70's - now I'm hearing voices too! Were they called Turbo Vanes? ...or am I thinking of the (much more dished) ones as fitted to the A-Team van? :huh:

So choice-wise (bearing in mind I want to run the standard tyre sizes) there's the factory TR7 alloys, Minilites, WR slots, Montego alloys, Dolomite Sprint alloys(?), factory steels with covers, and what else??

You could also add to that little lot the Rover/MGF Wheels, a perfect fit and great looking too.

Gary :lol:

This is the alloys I have for my car I had them on my last car but the arches had been rolled and I do not want to roll the arches on my new car as they are 7x13 with 205’s and they rub the arch only slightly but enough for me not to fit. so I am looking for alternatives.

280.jpg

I like these wheels 6x15 Revolution wheels in this grey colour I know you can also get black and silver but I like the grey, but I cannot get a price on them can you help ?

sale5spoke3.jpg

Also what tyres would I put on them?

You could also add to that little lot the Rover/MGF Wheels, a perfect fit and great looking too.

Gary :lol:

I thought MGF rims are ET20 as opposed to the TR7's ET25? :unsure:

Yes MGF MG TF do fit, if I had to fit MG wheels to my car I would fit the MG TF Trophy wheels to it as they look stunning.

This is Billy Frew’s old car with them on it...

910.jpg

good20window20sticker__.jpg

and his new car...

530.jpg

Here are some other wheels that I have seen on our TR7’s

DSC03588.jpg

DSC03578.jpg

Rear20right.jpg

811-1.jpg

690.jpg

630.jpg

Night04.jpg

rimshot.jpg

Hi Mad Zero,

If I remember rightly they were called Turbovecs, as said made by Wolfrace. In my youth I rather fancied the look of them because they were different.

Regards

stevie-a: Stirling work on the 'TR's with alternative wheels' pics matey! Some I didn't like too much and some had me howling with laughter, but the Minilites with the graphite centres - and the Alleycats look great! Might have to play with that idea on the stock alloys until I can afford a set! Cheers! ;)

dave-lewis: Turbovecs! Of course! Well done that man! :D

As we are on the subject of wheels anyone have a spare 14" compomotive as pictured below???????????????.

Mad Zero I also have a spare in the boot of my 7 which is of no use to me as i have fitted vitesse calipers.I believe it to be one of the turbovec style wheels.

Yes I have to agree they do look good unfortunately I do not know what they are called

The photo was taken at the TR driver's weekend at billing aquadrome.

Do you see anything different about that car ?????... :blink:

Have a good look.

630.jpg

Edited by stevie-a

These look fantastic and not too big diameter-wise - would they be 13" or 14"?

811-1.jpg

That car use to belong to my mate John Gibson it is an original TR7 Sprint and probably the best tr7 you will ever see it is now owned by Chris Turner...:rolleyes:

and by the way the blue car it was a fixed head coupe at one time... ;)

Edited by stevie-a

The blue FHC is the TR7 sprint restored by John Gibson, as Steve says it is a nice car, the wheels are 13 inch Superlites with graphite centres and polished rims. It now has a set of ultra rare TR7 Spider alloys on but the Superlites will be back on soon.

The blue FHC is the TR7 sprint restored by John Gibson, as Steve says it is a nice car, the wheels are 13 inch Superlites with graphite centres and polished rims. It now has a set of ultra rare TR7 Spider alloys on but the Superlites will be back on soon.

Cheers for the info - are Superlites a type of Minilites or a similar wheel manufactured by another company? I ask because genuine Minilites have always been expensive (designed for competition) and I'm mainly interested in the look so I'd be happy with cheaper 'copies' that just look like Minilites. I imagine that a set of genuine Minilites would be £400+ ...which I just don't have! :(

What do you think ???

The wheel is just sitting beside the car with no tyres on but you get the idea ... B)

DSC00083.jpg

Erm, kinda reminds me of a Hotwheels concept car - you'd need to stretch the wheelbase by about 2 feet for these to look right! :lol:

rimshot.jpg

I don't think anyone has guessed correctly yet..... They are Wolfrace 'Cosmic' - and yes I still need the centre caps.

I don't think anyone has guessed correctly yet..... They are Wolfrace 'Cosmic' - and yes I still need the centre caps.

Ah the man himself! Thanks for that we can all sleep soundly again now! :D