Fifth Link info

Assuming you have a 5 speed axle, hten the Rover SD1 Watts linkage can be utilised. You need the diff cover & entire linkage from the Rover. This bolts onto the Tr7 axle.

You then need to shorten the links to suit & make up brackets to mount onto the chassis rails. This is not to difficult with some fabrication skills, but note that as an ideal the bolt centres of the link outers should be aligned such that thelinks are horizontal at the cars noraml ride height.

if careful note (and pictures) of the set up on the Rover is taken, this will act as a guide on how to make it fit the Tr7 and avoid interface problems.

Hope that helps...

Andy

Assuming you have a 5 speed axle, hten the Rover SD1 Watts linkage can be utilised. You need the diff cover & entire linkage from the Rover. This bolts onto the Tr7 axle.

You then need to shorten the links to suit & make up brackets to mount onto the chassis rails. This is not to difficult with some fabrication skills, but note that as an ideal the bolt centres of the link outers should be aligned such that thelinks are horizontal at the cars noraml ride height.

if careful note (and pictures) of the set up on the Rover is taken, this will act as a guide on how to make it fit the Tr7 and avoid interface problems.

Hope that helps...

Andy

Hi Andy

I have a shortened SD1 axle but with coil overs, I just need to see some pics of a fitted setup. I had no idea that the SD1 had it standard.

The ride height is fully adjustable so I guess the arms should be horizontal on full power squat ?

I can fabricate the mounts easily and I suppose I can weld a bracket on the diff cover if I cant find one.

Regards

Chris