Shuey,

Yes they should be used.

Trying to remember back to my TR6 days is difficult but there is a vaguely U shaped bracket that I seem to remember goes down to the engine mount or inner wing or somewhere down there.

Doubtless a TR6 owner will provide more detail.

David

Dave's correct. The bracket is shown as item 77 in the linked page from the Moss site. No longer available, but not too hard to fabricate from a strip of steel. It's just a flat strip bent & twisted.

Cheers,

John

thanks for the advice will be making a bracket before fitting just one other question where does the bracket fit i realise it`s got to mount on engine somewhere but after a very quick look tonight it`s not jumping out as to where it mount`s

Don't waste time making a bracket. They are totally superfluous and will cause you to curse every time you need to get to that side of the engine as the fixings are impossible to get to without triple jointed fingers. I threw mine away in about 1983 and the airbox hasn't dropped off yet.

Jerry

Apologies for intruding into the 6-cylinder world, but I really am 'puzzled' by this thread. Maybe I'm confused about what the plenum is, but this thread appears to be about the airbox (air manifold), whereas I thought the plenum was part of the bulkhead assembly. Could someone please enlighten me?

Yup, there are two plenum chambers - one to accumulate air for the heater, and the other to collect coolish, filtered air for the engine intake. Air box, if you like.

John

Hi Paul

Plenium was sandblasted and sprayed with Hammerite smooth black, there has been some criticism on the Forum about using Hammerite but I have not had any trouble, this was done about 4 years ago. I used the paint thinned with Hammerite thinners and sprayed on with a normal spray gun 3 or 4 coats. The rocker cover was done the same way using Hammerite smooth silver.

Regards

Bill