TRS at Le Mans, 1960

Hello all,

I am trying to determine which TRS were at the Le Mans April test day in 1960.

At the race in June the three cars were:

No. 28, chassis X 654, registration 926 HP

No. 29, chassis X 655, registration 927 HP

No. 59, chassis X 656, registration 978 HP

At the test day, there were two cars;

No. 29, chassis ???, registration ???

No. 30, chassis X 655, registration 927 HP

Does anyone know the identity of Test Car No. 29 and the drivers at the Test ?

Thanks,

Janos

Hi

I think it was 926 HP if you can get a copy off Frederic Reydellet book Triumph au Mans it have some photograph that I think were take then but my France is very poor so might have it wrong. As the TRregister have the money send copy of a TRS to Le Mans I wish it would use a bit off it to send English copy of Frederic book back to the UK

All the best

Peter

Hi

I think it was 926 HP if you can get a copy off Frederic Reydellet book Triumph au Mans it have some photograph that I think were take then but my France is very poor so might have it wrong. As the TRregister have the money send copy of a TRS to Le Mans I wish it would use a bit off it to send English copy of Frederic book back to the UK

All the best

Peter

Thank you Peter. I'll certainly believe you, although now I have to kick myself as I was at Retromobile, saw that book on a stand (The Triumph Club of France, no less) and failed to buy (was already loaded down with enough books and bank charges). Will pick it up fortwith though. Thanks again.

Janos

Janos,

The two test cars were indeed no 30 - 927 HP, and no 29 - 926 HP. There is a small section in Frederic Reydellet's book "Triumph au Mans" and this has 3 images of the test day. Frederic notes Les Leston or Ninian Sanderson in no 30 in one of the views.

Hope that this helps. The book is well worth having just for the images alone.

Cheers

Derek

Hi

Retromobile I got my book there last year but from a Italian book shop how that a book about English car got in France from a Italian. Did you see that TR3a pedel car? that was in the auction it was bad and I think it sold for £1400. Did not think the show was that good this yers full off English cars I can see them at home still it better then the London show and cost less to get in.

Peter