Jaeger fuel gauge - Vintage Instruments repairers?

My fuel gauge recently packed up and using the online MGA based guide I found referenced in an earlier post, I took it apart and found the coil resistances were all lower than they should be should be and not in proportion.

I was on the look out for one at Stoneleigh, but didn't find one. I met a helpful chap who recommended that I get it repaired by 'Vintage Instruments' (he couldn't remember their location or any other details). I've searched the web, but haven't found them. Does anybody else know them, or alternatively could recommend a repairer?

Many thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

Its a long story! but last year I had reason to have my temperature gauge repaired. After ringing around a few places I sent it to Speedy Cables, based in South Wales ( even though they are called Speedy Cables(London) Ltd).

They we very good - quite reasonably priced, the gauge came back like new, nicely cleaned as well as repaired.

Im pretty sure they do all types of gauges and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Should find them on the web OK.

I also think the TR Shop in London do refurbished instruments on an exchange basis.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Graham

Edited by gjfoote

Yes, TR Shop do do re-conditioned 2-3a fuel gauges on an exchange basis, or also on outright sale I believe. I got an exchange one through them at Stoneleigh and was charged £58.16 inc Vat.

Several years ago I had my TR4 speedo and rev counter reconditioned by Speedograph Richfield at Nottingham. I assume they are still there and that this would be another option for you.

Trevor.

I don't know if Vintage Restorations of Tunbridge Wells are still in business, but I read of a person who waited nine years for them to repair an MGB speedo !