I am in the process of putting a new manifold and carb on my TR8.

The old setup had a copper pipe from the manifold to the EGR with compression fittings to both the manifold and EGR.

The new manifold does not have a connection for the pipe, and I just want to plug it at the EGR. I am having a very hard time finding a plug that will fit. Does anyone by chance know the size? I used a 13/16 open end wrench to get it off, and it is a tight thread (maybe 24). I live in a small town, and the parts stores don't have a clue what size it is.

My intent for this upgrade has always been to keep all of the original parts, so if I ever sell it, the next owner can take it back to stock if they wish. If I have to, I will cut the pipe and seal it off one way or another, but I would rather not do that.

The good news is that the car starts very easy now, but I can not use it till I plug the EGR.

Rob

My 8 has a 2000 model, injected engine, so I'm not sure how the ERG works on the V8.

However, on my 7, I took it off, & replaced it with a suitably shaped bit of 3/16" steel plate.

I welded a tang to take a choke cable return spring on to it, to make it look like it should be there, in case I get a roadworthy check, by someone who knows something about Triumphs.

On my previous 7, I inserted a bit of 1/8" plate under the thing, blanking it off.