Trim Glue

Matt,

I don't know their equivalents in the UK, but 3M make various rubber cements which should do fine; over here they're called " Contact Cement " and " Weatherstripping Cement ", the latter of which is stronger.

I used the Contact Cement ~ 15 years ago on the same pieces you refer to. I only glued the vinyl areas which are covered by trim, sparing the painted surface on the door in case I might wish to remove them some day. The top edge wraps over and into the window opening where it is held by the fuzzy trim strip, and the lower edge is covered by the door panel.

Mine never loosened; they're just like they were when new. In my case, TR4 door pulls were retrofitted ( into the holes still present in the later door sheet metal ) so the padded pulls never really saw duty, though they did have to cope with Popeye forearms and elbows weighing upon them <_<

I have to say, replacement padded vinyls ( as supplied by TRF at least ) last a good bit longer than originals - I just removed an intact dash top I installed in 1980 with no cracks anywhere ;)

Hi,

Want to stick down a new trim for the Tr6 door. It is the one that runs along the top of the door and includes the door pull. Having no luck with evostick. Doesnt seem to be strong enough. Can anyone recommend anything else?

Thanks

Matt

I find the 3M super weatherstrip to be very effective. It is a contact adhesive, about 4 mins drying time before you bring the surfaces together and comes in a tube so it is easy to apply.

Comes in yellow or black. Dont get it on you or you will be living with it for some time. You will remove several layers of skin rather than just the glue.

Stan