NEED HELP WITH THE FORUM?

At the top right corner of the Reply box, there is a small box/button with a left facing triangle. If you left-click on this, the formatting buttons should appear.

[NB Using a Windows PC - not sure what happens if you are using a Mac, iPad, phone, etc.]

At the top right corner of the Reply box, there is a small box/button with a left facing triangle. If you left-click on this, the formatting buttons should appear.

[NB Using a Windows PC - not sure what happens if you are using a Mac, iPad, phone, etc.]

Thanks Brian. Your answer didn't help directly, as I could already see the toolbars but they were greyed out. However, looking at the top left icon (light switch), I clicked it and Bob's your mother's brother. :D

• 3 months later...

Two recent, apparent changes to the board;

1/ On editing my own posts, often the quick edit option just doesn't work - you see the text, but cannot edit, and have to go to Full edit mode to do so. Intermittent.

2/ If a reply copies a previous post, that used to be in a box, to isolate it from the new text. Only the members name who wrote the previous post is now ina box. Can make it confusing! Consistent.

Anyone else noticed, bothered about these?

JOhn

1/ On editing my own posts, often the quick edit option just doesn't work - you see the text, but cannot edit, and have to go to Full edit mode to do so. Intermittent.

2/ If a reply copies a previous post, that used to be in a box, to isolate it from the new text. Only the members name who wrote the previous post is now ina box. Can make it confusing! Consistent.

JOhn

See this

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/38527-new-fomat-and-replying-to-posts/

Your not alone

Edited by Jersey Royal

JOhn

========================================================================

Agree,the lack of a box around the quoted text makes the quote function almost unusable unless we manually separate the new text with a line or different font.

It was fine before the 'upgrade'.

• 1 month later...

Hi Webby,

I have mastered how to resize a photo and upload into my attachments (see left) but I am struggling to get a decent sized pic as my signature at the bottom of my posts. Only got the tiny ones below. When I copy n paste from my attachments they are too big and I get an error message. What do I need to do?

Many thanks

Jo

Edited by jothecat
  • 3 weeks later...

My comment above from 15/12/12 is still true.

Is it just me, or is there a board glitch?

I can't edit my posts in the 'quick edit' option and have to go to 'Full edit' mode.

It's not the end of the world, but does it show that the board needs maintenance?

Unless it is me.

John

Edited by john.r.davies

Sorry, John. I've not noticed any problem.

We are constantly upgrading the forum software and I think the version we have now is pretty good.

I will look into the Quick Edit problem though.

Cheers,

PS. Just trying the quick edit myself here.

Yep, it appears to be working ok for me?

Hi John,

I have only ever seen one edit option - bottom righthand corner of the reply box. What other is there?

Roger

Hi Roger,

You just click the edit link and you immediately go to the quick edit function. Once in there, you can elect to go to the Full Edit screen.

• 1 month later...

Webby,

There's a lot of moaning on the Forum about picture hosting capability.

I presume this is a cost issue to keep the server demands within budget? Is there any way around this?

Also, the search facility does seem pretty random. Google search often gets better results than the Forum search itself.

I notice from the IPS Community website that 'tagging' of posts seems to be the way forward. Do we have this enabled?

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

webby,

I have to confess that sometimes I have an Internet surf at work.

All the Triumph sites are available - except this one!

If I try to come here from work, I get a 'banned site' message, with a McAfee trade mark.

I recall tnhat there was a short lasting problem with McAfee 'banning' tthe TRR site for a lot of people.

Is that my employers use a McAfee firewall, but haven't updated their banned list for a long while?

John

• 1 month later...

Hi,Was just trying to send a picture as I was sending a PM to another member. I just couldn't find the icon to attach a pic.

I'm sure it's there....................

thanks,

Yves

Webmaster,

You saw and corrected a strange incident recently, where a message was repeated multiple times.

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/42201-oops-too-many-postings-on-the-same-topic/

I've just seen the same happen on another board, a professsional one, unrelated to cars.

This time, 14 repetitions (so far).

Once is is an accident, twice is coincidence, three times would be enemy action.

Was the event on this board anythong other than a glitch?

Couild there be some bizarre virus causing this?

John

• 1 month later...

Ditto

Yup, I'm getting the connection error multiple times a day as well. Going on for three days or so now.