NEED HELP WITH THE FORUM?

Help!!!!! I still can't load a pic. The pics I've tried range from 1000 x1000 ro 2000 x 2000 (apprx) so should be big enough.

I've followed the lack of instruction but each time it says 'pic failed to load'

Must I lead the rest of my life as a shadow of my former glory.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

My "Recent posts" function seems to be faulty - they're not recent!

I now have five pages of allegedly recent posts, that I haven't seen, and they go back a whole week, whereas I visit most days.

Is there some setting I should be adjusting?

I'd like to stop posts that I haven't read, but that were there when I last visited, beign flagged as 'Recent"

John

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone help with this?

Since the forum update the site no longer "remembers me", despite ticking the relevant box, and I now have to enter username and password every time I enter the forum. Not a big deal, but a little annoying. At least there's no danger of forgetting my password this way!!

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When entering the Forum I usually just click on View New content (top right)......it now seems to give me 7 pages of stuff even though i was here yesterday and read most of it???

Help please!

john

Hi Tim,

click on your name in the top right hand corner.

Click on 'personal messenger'

On the left of the screen click on 'my conversations'

You should have a list of old messages on the screem. Put a tick in the right hand box of those you no longer need

At the bottom click the delete box.

Roger

Edited by RogerH
  • 2 weeks later...

Sir!

I note with some distaste that while dates in threads are given in proper UK fashion - eg 18th February 2012 - the "Calendar Events" in the left side bar are not! That Race Retro is held on a day termed "02/24/12" is neither helpful or even Imperial! Please correct this unfortunate oversight as soon as possible!

Brrrrrrrr! Another burrah peg, memsahib? This weather gets to the bones.

John

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How do I go back to version 3.3 forum board as for some reason I am on 3.2 & I can't post etc except only on my phone

regards

Kevo

The forum application is a web based application that renders in your browser. You dont have any control over the version. Once webbie upgrades the software we all run the same version. You do have some control over the mobile clients in that you can opt to upgrade or not up to a point. I suspect your inability to post with anything but the phone lies elsewhere. What error do you get when you try and create or reply to a post ?

Stan

Cheers for yor reply Stan, I can't actually type anything no curser. If you go to the bottom of the forum page there is a change theme button when highlighted you can select ip. Board pre 3.2. That's what I did and can't get it back to 3.3.3.

I know I shouldn't fiddle.

Cheers

Kevo

Cheers for yor reply Stan, I can't actually type anything no curser. If you go to the bottom of the forum page there is a change theme button when highlighted you can select ip. Board pre 3.2. That's what I did and can't get it back to 3.3.3.

I know I shouldn't fiddle.

Cheers

Kevo

ok, I see what you mean. If you click on change theme again do you see the option to pick "IP Board" (the first of three themes) ?

That seems to be the default.

Stan

• 2 weeks later...

New to forum and posted a request for help to the general forum rather than the TR6 Section. Can I move it? If so how? Many thanks, jd

You can't move it yourself - only Webby can do that. Wouldn't worry about it - you'll probably get more response from the main forum anyway, especially as it is a general problem relevant to all models (http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=36196&do=findComment&comment=272327).

Edited by BrianC
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard comments from a number of people recently that they simply don't have sufficient knowledge or confidence to post replies, photos or PMs on the Forum. Many of us have years of familiarity with IT from our working lives but I can fully understand the frustration of the non-IT experienced members at not being able to use and contribute. Perhaps one of the Technical Seminars at next year's IWE should be on use of the Forum. It's also something that could easily be done at a local group level, so if any Lea Valley Group members need help or advice, I would be happy to assist. I'm sure there are people in other groups who would be willing to help members within their area.

• 3 weeks later...

For a while now, when I post a reply, the editing stuff above the text box is greyed out so I can't add an emoticon (hooded or otherwise)change font etc.

Can anyone advise?

Edited by Ragtag