NEED HELP WITH THE FORUM?

NEED HELP?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! , if you email for support asking for help to log in, include your:
1: email address used when registering
2: Your Log in name/user name
3: Your desired password. (Some members seem to be under the impression that we know their passwords - We don't!)

Thanks.

Moderators Team.

Webby...Why do I have to re-register every time I try to enter the Sale /wants section.

Frankly the site is not the easiest to use..I'd rather have an increase in subs to allow you to hire a decent support/web company.

Sorry to moan, but you did ask!

Regards

Roger

• 4 weeks later...
Webby...Why do I have to re-register every time I try to enter the Sale /wants section.

Frankly the site is not the easiest to use..I'd rather have an increase in subs to allow you to hire a decent support/web company.

Sorry to moan, but you did ask!

Regards

Roger

If you go in to the main log in page rather than log in on the forum page you can check (tick) the box that says remember me this way you will be logged in automatically when you enter the forum, thus saving you from having to log in every time you visit the forum.

• 4 months later...
NEED HELP?

Hi all. Forgive me but I'm starting to shout now.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! , if you email me asking for help to log in, include your:

1: email address used when registering

2: Your Log in name/user name

3: Your desired password. (Some members seem to be under the impression that I know their passwords - I don't!)

Even though I have asked continually for these 3 items of information, I am still receiving emails from members who do not send this simple data.

I even get mails from members who complain that once I have fixed their problem, their password has changed! This is because I have no idea what member's passwords are, and for me to check that they can log in correctly, I have to reset the password.

Please help me to help you.

Cheers!

Webby

Rant over now. :P

Hello sir webber please tell me how to reply to anyone without all their text appearing with my reply to theirs, yes I am a numpty nut help please!

regards

Peter

Hi Peter, just scroll down the page to the Add Reply bar at the bottom of the page and when you've entered your reply, you can preview or post it, it doesn't then quote the previous post.

Edited by jonlar
  • 3 months later...

New question, probably same old answer - RTFM.

But anyway........

I want to post a picture, but have run out of space - only 25K of 500 left.

I'll delete some old pics, but can't find where to do so.

Advice please?

JohnD

New question, probably same old answer - RTFM.

But anyway........

I want to post a picture, but have run out of space - only 25K of 500 left.

I'll delete some old pics, but can't find where to do so.

Advice please?

JohnD

John go to my controls and then manage attachments and delete selected pictures from there.

Stuart.

John go to my controls and then manage attachments and delete selected pictures from there.

Stuart.

That was where I expected to be able to do this!

Now I see the 'manage your attachments' button.

Thanks!

John

• 4 weeks later...

Stuart.

Stuart,

This worked last time, but this time, all I can see is "recent attachments" and no way of deleting any of them.

Certainly no "manage attachments"!

Thanks,

John

Stuart,

This worked last time, but this time, all I can see is "recent attachments" and no way of deleting any of them.

Certainly no "manage attachments"!

Thanks,

John

Should be the second item in the 'Options' (last) section of the Menu.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yup, I now need help!

When I last used this forum, I picked a topic and low, all the replies were available to scroll down and read. Now I have a list of replies to choose from and seem to have to click on each one to read it, whether it has any relevance or not.

Is this because I have a MAC or am I missing something?

Regards mfperks

gl@vowhtr.org

Your display mode has been reset to 'Outline' (this seems to happen to many of us from time-to-time for no apparent reason :unsure:).

To reset it, click the 'Options' button at the top right corner of any open post/topic, scroll down to 'Display Modes' and select either 'Standard' or 'Linear+'.

I prefer 'Linear+' as it pins the opening post/topic so that you can easily remind yourself what the discussion is supposed to be about - not always obvious in some of the more interesting debates which can often wander temporarily or permanently off-topic.

Your display mode has been reset to 'Outline' (this seems to happen to many of us from time-to-time for no apparent reason :unsure:).

To reset it, click the 'Options' button at the top right corner of any open post/topic, scroll down to 'Display Modes' and select either 'Standard' or 'Linear+'.

I prefer 'Linear+' as it pins the opening post/topic so that you can easily remind yourself what the discussion is supposed to be about - not always obvious in some of the more interesting debates which can often wander temporarily or permanently off-topic.

Thanks Brian, all is now well!

• 3 months later...

Hi Webby,

How do I attach photos to topics posted (and compress them to a reasonable size)

Also...my mini photo seems to have disappeared from my postings, ie the one that appears under my name on the left side of the screen

And...how do I add the PS type comment that a lot of users have where they detail out the cars that they have or make some disparaging comments about themselves?

Hope you can help

Thanks

Rob

• 1 year later...

BRian,

I'm sorry, I asked this same Q before, how to manage my attachments, and you told me how, inc. click on the 'Options' button.

But I can't see it anywhere on the new style web page.

Guidance, please!

JOhn

Edited by john.r.davies
  • 11 months later...

Anyone help me on this please?

TRying to enter a reply to TR4 4A forum Subject: JB weld,

After typing a reply to this topic, I hit the add reply button and recevied a pretty pink headed error message telling me to identify post.

I think this is probably to do with the reputation button in the window of the post I was replying to . It now says 1. I must have hit on it.

I have no idea what that means nor can I reverse the 1 to a zero. The only reference to reputation in the Help files describes its function.

Thanks very much

Mike

• 8 months later...