Are you a Tacho expert?

Well, once apon a time I had a tacho that didn't work. Affter much gnashing of teeth and bashing of head, a kind samaritan told me to move the white/slate wire from the +tve side of the coil to the -tve side af the coil.

The tacho now worked however as soon as you start the engine the needle hits the 7k stop and stays there. Should there be something else that I need to fix/replace or is it likely to be a faulty tacho? :(

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Bryan

PS sorry for all the questions, one day I will hopefully be experienced enough with TR7 probs to pass on my gems of wisdom. :lol:

Hi, not too sure if this will help but I had the same problem last week on my V8 and after talking to Simon from S&S he told me that there are two wires. One is the slate one the other is a yellow and white one, when I joined them both up to the respective wires the Tacho worked! Hope this helps. (As I say not to sure if this helps as it might be the fact I was asking the question for the electronic ignition on the V8 but anyway.....) Simon