You won't believe this !

I promise I'm telling the truth

I have just gone outside to start my TR7 and someone has removed the oil filter !!!!!!!

It was a spin on type

It is no where to be seen and the car was fine last time I drove it (last Sunday)

Bloody amazed what some people will nick !!!

Lucky had a spare in the garage but that didn't save the oil which was pumped out over the driveway !!!

Edited by dulux72

I'm not saying I don't believe it, but it is quite possible for spin-on filters to unscrew over a period of time, especially if not fully tightened at the last oil-change. I've never actually lost one but after a couple of 'loosenings' I usually check after our family cars are serviced, that the filter is tight and (if I remember) check it again after 1000 miles. Perhaps this is what happend to you, in which case you were at least lucky to get home before the oil all drained out.

I know it sounds crazy but it has deffo been removed by someone.

After a run last weekend I spent an hour changing the carb mounting rubbers

The car was then ticking over on the drive all fine.

I then covered it over and until this morning didn't touch it !!!

I started the car noticed no oil pressure and stopped the engine straight away.

Opened the bonnet and the oil filter was no where to be seen !

Is there any way to electrify the whole car ?? ? ? ? ? ?

Edited by dulux72
Guest Chris Draper

Sounds horribly like deliberate vandalism to me. I mean, who's going to want a used oil filter - not to mention a TR7 one?? They aint exactly expensive & they're fairly hard to get off without damaging them.

Can't see how it would just drop off without help - even if it wasn't properly tightened & worked its way loose, there's a lot of thread on them & I would have thought that all the oil would have disappeared & the engine seized before it actually dropped off.

If it was a prank, it's pretty mean. Seized engine's aren't funny & neither is oil spread all over your drive...

If you find out who it was, maybe you can find an alternative use for that big spanner in the tool chest...

"Seized engine's aren't funny & neither is oil spread all over your drive..."

arhh yes the joy of the 3 hour driveway scrub.

Anyway I'm now investing in 3 cctv cameras and a DVR card for my PC with date stamp.

If someone wants to have another go at least I'll have the evidence for the police. ;)

Shouldn't need too though :(

Edited by dulux72
Better value is to beat seven bells out of the first herbert who gets within 10 feet of the car on your drive. Word soon gets around the lowlife when one of them has a few breakages to show for his pains. Hit him hard enough and he won't remember what you looked like - concussion. No case to answer.

Cheers,

Alec

Just a word of caution on that one Alec:

Many years ago a group of "lads" decided it would be fun to intimidate the quiet neighbourhood where I lived. It came to a head one Saturday when they were "eyeballing" people through their windows, spitting on passers by, chucking litter and urinating in peoples gardens and swearing. When the old lady next door asked them to leave she was met with a stream of filth. This went on for a couple of hours. The police were called twice but the "lads" ignored them and just carried on as they pleased. At the time I was still working out five times a week in the gym and, unlike today, wasn't going to be intimidated. I went out and told them to f**k off. The big one got all mouthy so I let him have it with a pick axe handle (well they did outnumber me a bit). They picked him up and went.

Next thing, I get a visit from the plod. I've been a naughty boy it seems. Committed a serious assault. ABH was not the solution. Unfortunately I said they obviously weren't the solution as they'd been twice and done sod all. This didn't go down well and things got a bit heated. To cut a long story short I eventually got off with an official police caution. These days criminals, perverts and similar scum have more rights than their victims and I'd probably have had an ASBO at least and a criminal record! So be careful.

One thing though, the "lads" never came back :D

Tony

One thing I should mention

I have an idea who may be responsible BUT they would be in alot of bother if their 'employer' find out if you get my drift officer.

Kind of sure that he wouldn't be that stupid but his mates on the other hand.

Hence the CCTV being more of a very visual 'come on then'

Isn't it funny how its one rule for one and one for everybody else.

Envy is a terrible thing :rolleyes:

One day everyone will have a TR7 ;)

Edited by dulux72
These days criminals, perverts and similar scum have more rights than their victims and I'd probably have had an ASBO at least and a criminal record! So be careful.

Tony

Don't worry about the ASBO - you could just ignore it like most of the other recipients of this useless Blairite solution to crime.

It's time they introduced an 'old offenders' scheme then we could all get multiple ASBOs and qualify for holidays abroad and similar perks for the criminal classes.

I read this it the Sunday Times a couple of monthes ago;-

A man awoke after hearing a niose in the middle of the night . Looking out of the window he saw a couple of blokes breaking into his shed. He phoned the police and they said they didn't have anyone available.

'But if you come round now you can arrest them red handed' he told them.

Sorry, we don't have anyone available. He rang off.

A few minutes later he again phoned the police. 'Don't bother sending anybody round as I have just killed both of the burglers'.

Two minutes later three squad cars came screeching up to his house and they caught the burgers as they tried to run off.

One of the police being a bit miffed on not seeing a couple of dead bodies said 'You told us you had killed them'

'Yes' came the reply 'But you also said you had no one available'

Someone showed me this in an email recently:

This is a true story

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping, and upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her voice, " I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!"

The four men didn't wait for a second invitation. They got out and ran like mad. The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and get into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried, and then it dawned on her why. A few minutes later she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and then drove to the police station. The sergeant to whom she told the story nearly tore himself in two with laughter. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filled.

I hadn't seen it before, and I enjoyed it very much, but it's an urban myth that has been doing the rounds since 1998.

Fortunately for mollygotz and Alec, and possibly for us, we aren't allowed carry handguns in the UK, or mg might have had more than a police caution.

John

PS 'mollygotz' - mg. MG???? Are you a spy?

Edited by john.r.davies

I once have lost my race car on a big parking close to a shopping mall.

Returned to the car and it was gone.

Called the police and gave a discription of the car: red, race numbers, rollbar...

The 2nd policeman walked around the parking and stopped suddenly: "Hey, you are seaching for a race car? How about this one!"

A few cars away from where we stood my TR 4 was hidden from a VW Passat....again an embarrassing moment.

Chris

Edited by MadMarx