High Intensity Rear Light

Not the rear panel, but on a modern number plate mounting - a strip of LED's, easily reversible/removable. Every little helps!
If I were to do it again, I would double the length of the LED strip to almost the length of the number plate.
1364467002_rearleds.thumb.png.8788d605879eb07ca3eb02e75872b204.png

Ian

16 minutes ago, DaveB66 said:

John

I fitted these sometime ago, they convert the reversing lights into additional brake lights whilst retaining a white light for reversing. it comes with a switch which also converts these lights into fog lights when needed. 

https://www.bettercarlighting.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=715

Dave

image.png.024fce92a42a215b2e7f4a8529685391.png

Nice simple and sensible 

I fitted twin sockets to both rear/stop and reversing lights. LED stop/tail bubs and LED red/white stop/reversing bulbs. fitted extra earth cables to all 4 holders. Had comments about how good they work  :) 

Holders from TRGB, bulbs from Classic Car LED's

Also good article in this moths mag  :)

4 minutes ago, SpitFireSIX said:

Hi,
Does any body know who sells the three & two terminal bulb holders that do not use the body as an earth?
Cheers,
Iain.

I think it was Vauxhall Cavaliar.  So some sort of TVR may use them. I think I’d solder my own earth lead to the existing if you fear the existing ones are not earthing efficiently 

20 hours ago, RobH said:

I bought these to fit combined reversing / rear fog lamp to my 6. However, they are shorter than the original holders and so were too short for the combined LED bulbs that are supplied by the two principal suppliers. They could not be installed because the bulb fouled against the rear lens. 

Solved the problem cannibalising one holder and securing it to another to extend it. 

However, I think Better Car Lighting may sell a suitable holder but perhaps only as part of a kit. Email or call them (Gil Keane) though. IMG_1612.thumb.jpeg.d1bc1c015c97babb76ae6a844396fe4e.jpeg

Miles

Edited by MilesA

Hi,
the attached pics are for single filament, dual is three terminals. The metal fingers/ring around the peripheral (not shown) is only used for location & no current flows there.
4.8mm crimps must be added to connect the ground terminals.
The holders can fall out of the lighting assembly and still function.
The end of all earthing problems, needing to solder or aluminium foil!
I found mine on ebay as I do not know where to buy new. 
Cheers,
Iain.

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG