Seasons Final at the Nurburgring GP track

hi everybody,

the Triumph Competition Germany had the last race for this year.

It was great fun and untypical great weather at the Nurburgring track.

What you might be interested in is that Joe Henderson in the most fastest TR6 ever made showed us how to drive!

He were in front all the time .... uhhhh....can this man drive a race car! Well done Mr. Henderson!

Some videos are availabel and there will come more of them from other cars:

Race 1

Race 2

Have fun!

Chris

Edited by MadMarx

Chris,

When I was returning home from the 'Saisonsfinale' at the Nürburgring, I was thinking about : 'The Revival of the Marxism', because in earlier postings you were complaining about ' lack of power', 'running behind' etc. Good to see you performing so well : improving to 3rd in class and 4th overall in such a short period is quite an achievement. Congratulations! But you know I will try to beat you at the next occasion. I was third on the starting grid (timed practise was on a wet track) after the TR4 of Philip Vermast and the TR6 of Joe Henderson, I admit I was greatly helped by my rain tyres, but after the timed practise, a 22% leaking cylinder was discovered, causing power loss and misfire : so the races were disappointing for me, finishing 21st and 14th on a dried track(yellow TR3 in Chris's video) .

PS : One of the podiums in the 2000cc-2400cc class was occupied by 3 pilots with cars that were prepared by

Jo Willems (Red Baron Garage) purely reflecting his motto : 'When the flag drops, the bullshit stops'. But the 4 cylinder TR's were no match against Jo Henderson's 2.7 litre TR6 when the track had dried.

The power of his car is amazing indeed , he did win both races outright (not the timed practise) . Because he did win so easily, he could not show if he is a very good driver or not. But I suppose he is, and also that he could drive faster still, but he didn't need too.

IMHO, driver of the week-end was Philip Vermast : with his green TR4, he was first in the free and timed practice and second overall in the second race, against 40 cars, inclusive TR6, Morgan 8 plus, MG V8...

I'm looking forward to next season, the TR Competitions is planning a race in the UK : perhaps an occasion to show how to drive to the UK drivers? I will do everything I can to make my TR3 the fastest 4 cylinder TR (and I know that will not be enough).

Hi Marcel,

I was very happy to meet you in personal after some written conversation in several forums spreaded over the world.

After your glorious victory at a race somewhere in France I knew that you are one of the very fast guys.

Your car is a real racing machine compared to mine but I will develop my car some more to catch a little up to your pace. Maybe I should remove the carpet and the loudspeakers?

After my several engine blows this year I am very happy that my car worked well at the last event. Except of worse brakes and a lack of tire bite I had no complaints about the car. But I was very worried about my grid position. Strange experiance to have 35 bloody loonies behind you just waiting to pass.

I was very pleased that the driving attitude at the front rows of the grid is very high so the chance of acidents is quite small.

At the moment I am encoding a video tape where your car is good visible several laps before you start to step through the field to the front....

Philippe Vermast is a real racer. I think he could be successful in higher modern motorsport classes. He is young and mad enough. Think we both are a little too old to have his speed ;-)

The race in the UK will be hard stuff. I am not shure if the automobile club will me backpack from there when something happens to the racecar. I have to think about a trailer and a strong car to pull my TR4.

Cheers

Chris

Marvmul,

This is grabbing the steering wheel and sending the thread down a different course - hijacking? - but please will you advise someone in the UK with French friends who want a race in the UK?

See graeme's posts, and my attempts to advise him at Ten-Tenths website: http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread...9520&page=2

You will be ina amuch better position to help.

Thanks,

John

HI Chris,

If you have problems in the UK, I think you can be sure that one of us will be able to help you out with towcar and trailer if the need arises . . .

Hey Alec,

that would be very kind!

Chris

Marvmul,

This is grabbing the steering wheel and sending the thread down a different course - hijacking? - but please will you advise someone in the UK with French friends who want a race in the UK?

See graeme's posts, and my attempts to advise him at Ten-Tenths website: http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread...9520&page=2

You will be ina amuch better position to help.

Thanks,

John

John, I'm afraid I can't help you with that. Stephan Schamshula and Carl Hubertus are orgenisers of the

german Triumph Competition : the are very helpfull and at least Stephan does speak English very well.

To contact them : go to www.tr-competition.de and then click 'Impressum'.

Eddy V in the 10 Tenth forum is right I believe : i.e. when the german TR Competition will organise an event (a race) in the UK, german drivers will be able to take part in this race with their national licence. But french drivers would need an international licence for the same event.

I had to pay 400 euro to the belgian RACB for an international H2 licence to take part in the Nurburgring race of the german TR Competition. In 2005, the belgian BRAVO competition had a race in Zandvoort (the Netherlands) : my national A licence was enough for that event.

@John.R.Davies

I am not able to write at the TSSC forum so I use this forum as a work around.

Seems there is a confusion about the race series:

- There is the german Triumph Competition which is racing together with the dutch MG-Competitions

- There is the FISC racing group which has organized the Nordschleife race and the Triumph Competition and the UK drivers were guests.

The seasons final race was from the Triumph/MG-Competition and has nothing to do with the FISC group.

Regards

Chris

• 1 month later...

Would like to see a wet practise...here you are:

http://www.tr4-racing.de/download/practise.wmv

I am running my car with standard windshield and a soft top.

Watch out for the fastest TR 6 ever made: Joe Hendersons silver TR 6

Cheers

Chris

Watch out for the fastest TR 6 ever made: Joe Hendersons silver TR 6

Cheers

Chris

Is the TR6 in front of you Joe Henderson's car or Schamsula's? In either case : great practise session of you keeping in mind that both are very fast TR6's.

Is the TR6 in front of you Joe Henderson's car or Schamsula's? In either case : great practise session of you keeping in mind that both are very fast TR6's.

Both were occasional in front of me...but Stephan has a white open car and Joe a silver closed top car.

Edited by MadMarx
Thanks for that, Chris!

Almost satisfied my need for some Brrrmbrrrrrm in mid-winter!

Hey John,

If you need Brrm Brrrm for the winter, check out the free practise session. It is slower than the previous ones because it is more wet but as everbody knows:

Racing in the wet is like sex with girls ---->>> the wetter, the better :lol:

It was the first time after 1,5 years that I was out in the wet. I brought the wet tires into action again. The first time I had the chance to test my welded diff in the wet.

http://www.tr4-racing.de/download/tc-2006-...reepractise.wmv

Cheers

Chris

Watch out for the fastest TR 6 ever made: Joe Hendersons silver TR6

Cheers

Chris

haha - nice one Marv. Of the brake earlier so as not to run so wide on apex's should get you some seconds per lap.

Joe's car is damned fast and is likely the fastest at the moment, but a few have been built faster (Ex-Richard Bull TR5 - Crashed by Chris Petch) or the Old Joe H Tr5 (much lighter more nibble car - crash numerous times by Chris)!, Joes current car is the ex-John Churchill car - heavy for various reason - montser cage being one. The 2.7 Cambrideg engine help over come this. Mike Hazlewoods is close (lighter and a tad less powerful). Hopefully own just completed car (to full race - ;) TR6) will be right up there with all the above.

Bring it on...............

Edited by jellison
haha - nice one Marv. Of the brake earlier so as not to run so wide on apex's should get you some seconds per lap.

Yeah, I am sometimes a little too overenthusiastic when entering a corner.

Hope I get better from year to year.

Guest positive camber

Joe's car is damned fast and is likely the fastest at the moment, but a few have been built faster (Ex-Richard Bull TR5 - Crashed by Chris Petch) or the Old Joe H Tr5 (much lighter more nibble car - crash numerous times by Chris)!, Joes current car is the ex-John Churchill car - heavy for various reason - montser cage being one. The 2.7 Cambrideg engine help over come this. Mike Hazlewoods is close (lighter and a tad less powerful). Hopefully own just completed car (to full race - ;) TR6) will be right up there with all the above.

Bring it on...............

The 2.7 Cambridge engine you speak of, has very little to do with Cambridge if anything. The cylinder head certainly has nothing to do with them, as for the last ten years John Churchill/Joe Henderson car has had cylinder heads developed and modified by Neil Collingwood. In 1995 Neil was asked by john Churchill and Dennis Vessey if he could develop a cylinder head better than the ones they had at the time. This new head (developed with the help of Neils Superflow flowbench) produced approx 20 bhp more than the previous heads. This head lasted until 2004 when an engine problem damaged the head beyond repair. Mark Frith asked Neil if he could do another head for Joe. The latest head incorporates many hours of development over the last Nine years. The 2005 engine produced 15bhp more than its predicessor measured on the same rolling road, and has gone on to produce results that you are all aware of.

Julie Collingwood

....The latest head incorporates many hours of development over the last Nine years. The 2005 engine produced 15bhp more than its predicessor measured on the same rolling road, and has gone on to produce results that you are all aware of....

Hi Julie,

very interesting!

Seems as there is a lot of progression possible with that old English heavy metal.

Makes me happy that there can be development at those cars.

Chris

Edited by MadMarx
The 2.7 Cambridge engine you speak of, has very little to do with Cambridge if anything. The cylinder head certainly has nothing to do with them, as for the last ten years John Churchill/Joe Henderson car has had cylinder heads developed and modified by Neil Collingwood. In 1995 Neil was asked by john Churchill and Dennis Vessey if he could develop a cylinder head better than the ones they had at the time. This new head (developed with the help of Neils Superflow flowbench) produced approx 20 bhp more than the previous heads. This head lasted until 2004 when an engine problem damaged the head beyond repair. Mark Frith asked Neil if he could do another head for Joe. The latest head incorporates many hours of development over the last Nine years. The 2005 engine produced 15bhp more than its predicessor measured on the same rolling road, and has gone on to produce results that you are all aware of.

Julie Collingwood

Well all I know is that yes Jow used to us Dennis alot but defiantely did get an engine done at Cambridge recently - maybe more on the bottom end side.

Sound totally different to Mike Hazlewoods, when you here them both come past. We should give him a good run in 07. ;)

Julie Collingwood

20 bhp more, 15 bhp more... May I ask how much that is in absolute bhp? I understand if you don't want to tell that.

20 bhp more, 15 bhp more... May I ask how much that is in absolute bhp? I understand if you don't want to tell that.

I think I see where you are going with this!

God it must have 300bhp easy. Not Joe's Awesome Driving then!