FGC307C - 1965 TR4A IRS - Conifer

• 2 years later...
Owned for about 4 years and sold to Churchfields in 1977 following purchase of current TR3A.

Not seen or heard of since.

I owned this TR4A irs FGC 307C in North London for about 4 years from about 1979 - 83 . Sold it to a private restorer somewhere in the Enfield/Bush Hill Park area. Last I saw of it he was completely stripping it down in his garage for a full rebuild. It was my favourite car ever. Would love to know what happened to it too. Steve

Thanks Steve - it's good to know it got a few more years use at least and potentially may have been rebuilt, although once stripped many cars became abandoned restorations and subsequently donor cars. It certainly doesn't seem to be on the road in the UK at present according to the current DVLA records:

The vehicle details for FGC 307C are:

Date of Liability 01 11 1983

Date of First Registration 02 07 1965

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2138CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval null

Quite a coincidence that I saw your response today, as we just bought a pottery TR4A 'car caricature' with top down, boot rack carrying suitcase labelled 'Just Married' and happy couple on board driving off into a bright new future - just as we did in this car in 1976. [Only difference was colour - bright blue instead of green, but too good to miss].

• 2 months later...

Sorry to say, but this is either still in a garage in bits, scrapped, or part of many other cars that are still on the road.

I tried tracking an old car of my father's some years back. It was never scrapped (there was no SORN back then), but it was believed to have been stored somewhere either as a whole, or in bits. The most likely thing was it became a multiple donor :(

I kind of came to the conclusion that someone may unearth it one day; but I don't hold out much hope :(

• 3 years later...