Long Door - Spin On Oil Filter

Hi all.  I have a long door TS2894 and would like to convert my original oil filter to a spin on type oil filter.

This kit (https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/oil-filter-assembly-spin-on-conversion-non-oil-cooler-tt10861.html) from Moss doesn't fit as my thread is more inset (and has the incorrect thread type too as I believe I have a BSF threads), so it looks like I would simply need the thread adaptor from this kit https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/adaptor-kit-oil-cooler-thermostatic-spin-on-conversion-tt1069.html, although not the whole kit itself.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as I'm not getting anywhere fast.    My original oil filter keeps leaking so figured a modern alternative is needed.

Many thanks

I am not sure if the oil cooler adaptor would help. 

I suspect you will need to source a later oil filter housing, either Tecalemit, or Purolator, then the standard Moss item will fit.

See my article on how to stop them leaking !

Final draft Article on Improving spin-on oil filter adaptors 240618.pdf

Bob

Edited by Lebro

There were three different types of filter head used on the sidescreen cars, an old-fashioned  Purolator bypass-flow type and two which are full-flow (Tecalemit or Purolator).  It sounds as though you may have  the bypass type - which should really be replaced by full-flow for better filtering -  and which is possibly why the kit doesn't fit.  It certainly works with the later types of filter head as Bob says. 

(A bypass filter only directs part of the oil flow through the filter, the rest goes to the engine unfiltered. That method was superseded by the rather better full-flow system where all the oil gets filtered. The top one shown is the bypass type, the two lower ones are full-flow ) 

fltr.jpg.33f4cb50bf7463a6a647663d86081123.jpg

I’ve always been under the impression that the Tecalemit and  Purolator used two different threads (one UNF the other UNC but not sure which is which) for the long bolt that goes through the original filter can into the head unit.

Looking at both the items you mention they both seem to be supplied with two “Adaptors”, one end to screw into the head and the other where the spin-on fits, so I don’t really see a problem. If you bought the Moss conversion item it should come with both adapters.

I’m not sure though about the fact that the thread is deeper inside the head on yours.

Charlie