Good Grief - I don't believe it

11 hours ago, Rob Salisbury said:

Hi Roger, those deep ones will fit but you have to modify the inner wing (well, bash it with a big hammer and a large steel ball!!) where the front carb sits, think TR5 TR6 inner wing and you get the picture, ..... how do I know this?     well I had those self same K&Ns on my old Strombergs before Dad(bless him) bought me a pair of Webers, and the wing mod was just right for the long TRumpets and big Weber K&Ns.

Cheers Rob 

The pair I have are the thinner items with one having a corner ‘cut out’ to avoid the wing.

Hi Folks,

to close this sad tale.

Although the K&N filters have a 1,000,000 mile warranty you need to do it quickly - you have 10 years.

I found my receipt and I was surprised to see I bought them in 2001  - so no warranty.

Never to fear I took up Nigel's offer and bought his redundant filters.  They are much deeper ( 80mm compared to 44mm).

Tomorrow should be fun.

Roger

38 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Folks,

to close this sad tale.

Although the K&N filters have a 1,000,000 mile warranty you need to do it quickly - you have 10 years.

I found my receipt and I was surprised to see I bought them in 2001  - so no warranty.

Never to fear I took up Nigel's offer and bought his redundant filters.  They are much deeper ( 80mm compared to 44mm).

Tomorrow should be fun.

Roger

When I had to fit some deep filters on some Webers fitted to a 4a I found one good wallop with a large rubber hammer produced the perfect depression in the wheel arch without damaging the paint in anyway.

Stuart.

32 minutes ago, stuart said:

When I had to fit some deep filters on some Webers fitted to a 4a I found one good wallop with a large rubber hammer produced the perfect depression in the wheel arch without damaging the paint in anyway.

Stuart.

I took your advice some time ago and got a very nice dish.  I may be OK now or perhaps another gentle bash tomorrow.

Roger