TR Trader will do it.You will need to send your original with it for proof.

Stuart.

12 hours ago, Richard71 said:

My VIN plate is covered with several coats of paint. If I removed the plate from the bulkhead and soaked in paint stripper like Nitrimors, will I lose any details?

Richard 

You will just end up with a blank plate with the stamped details still visible. Are you on about the one behind the master cylinders as that one should be painted.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
Just now, stuart said:

You will just end up with a blank plate with the stamped details still visible. Are you on about the one behind the master cylinders as that one should be painted.

Stuart.

Yes Stuart, behind the master cylinders. I haven't looked for a while but I seem to recall there being two plates riveted to the bulkhead.

Richard.

1 hour ago, Richard71 said:

Yes Stuart, behind the master cylinders. I haven't looked for a while but I seem to recall there being two plates riveted to the bulkhead.

Richard.

There will be two, one should be painted body colour and the other should be unpainted.

Stuart.

12 minutes ago, Richard71 said:

Which one should be painted? I'm assuming the lower one?

Richard 

Correct.

Stuart

On 8/9/2022 at 8:56 PM, tr graham said:

Nigel

do not lose or destroy the old one , the DVLA do not look favourably on replacement vin plates , in fact they have been known to cancel a log book over it .

The DVLA do not like any new or modified vin plates or stampings on like gear box casings or engine blocks. This can lead to an outright rejection of a Current V5 or issue of a new or replacement. They have been caught with their trousers down too many times!

Bruce.

4 hours ago, tr graham said:

Bruce 

yes very much so I had to deal recently with 2 cars with the same vin number and 2 seperate registration numbers . They suspended the V5s on both cars until it was sorted.

graham

Graham! there was a case in my road over a BSA Rocket Gold Star with two bikes having the same frame number. One up north and the other down south. They turned up in force with the Police and coinvestigated the one in my road and that was 18 months ago and they still have not come to decision?    Bruce.

For the CP series there are at least 4 different types of commission plates for the right hand drive cars depending on the commission number, early 1969 ones have a similar plate to the late TR5 stating  "Manufactured by the Standard Motor Company, Coventry, England" and have an incorrect stamped weight of 2690lbs, the BS AU 48 1965 at the bottom is etched, later 1969 ones have the weight corrected to 2992lbs, 1970 models have a larger plate with the additional wording "A member of the British Leyland Motor Corporation" added after the "Manufactured by the Standard Motor Company". In late 1971 the wording was changed to "Manufactured by Triumph Motor Company Ltd, Coventry, England, a member of the British Leyland Motor Corporation" and the etched BSAU 48 1965 was changed to a painted BSAU 48 1965. For left hand drive cars the weight was given as 1360kg and of course the CKD cars had additional plates depending on the destination country. I should add that the CR series have at least 2 plares with different wording in addition to the ones above.

I'll not bore you any more with the many many more styles of CC and CF plates.

I have images of all of these plates if you have concerns you dont have the correct style. email is saffrontr6@outlook.com

Best of luck 

Derek