Carbs and manifold wanted

Hi All.

I’m after a set of carbs and manifold for a friends car if anyone knows of any ? We are after SU’s 

cheers Mark.

Edited by marki
47 minutes ago, stuart said:

TR5 early TR6 head

Stuart.

That means wide spaced inlet tracks.  Manifold TKC1100 is required or equivalent from a Triumph 2500S.

NOT THIS ONE 308088  See image .png

image.png

Item 2 on the right not item 1  in the Moss Motors line drawing.  https://mossmotors.com/triumph-tr6-250/fuel-intake-emissions/manifolds-1

image.png

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
43 minutes ago, stuart said:

It seems I have a manifold 

Stuart

FE1A9957-58D1-4C8C-A323-977DD516D7C9.jpeg

74917695-3BD9-4023-ACFC-F6B8FDE3ADD1.jpeg

ECDE585C-3520-446A-8EE5-63E7059741C1.jpeg

That is the late manifold that fits the PI cylinder head.

Peter W

PS.    Pressure test the water feed before using.  If leaking do not connect heater hoses to it and just  block the pipe ends to stop air leaking in.

Stuart thats the late PI-head-compatible manifold. Marki needs the "short runner" manifold in Pete W's photo and labelled 1 in the drawings.

Peter

I have a good condition manifold for twin SU HS6 from a 2500S. It's been cut and professionally TIG welded to place the carbs horizontally, not the usual 7-8 degrees downdraught.

Please let me know if you're interested,,I can dig it out and post photos.

Nigel

4 hours ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Stuart thats the late PI-head-compatible manifold. Marki needs the "short runner" manifold in Pete W's photo and labelled 1 in the drawings.

Peter

Marki say his head is part number 516816 which is a PI head up to early CR series and also Tri 2.5 PI.
Which means wider spaced inlet ports.   Manifold 1 is for TR250 with narrow spaced inlet ports.

Peter W

Stuart

If your "6" is RHD you will have to make some minor modifications to that manifold, so the SU carbs dont foul the steering column.

Swap the 8 old studs out for longer new studs and get two thick fibre spacers between the SUs and the manifold.

Peter

52 minutes ago, zelrik said:

Stuart

If your "6" is RHD you will have to make some minor modifications to that manifold, so the SU carbs dont foul the steering column.

Swap the 8 old studs out for longer new studs and get two thick fibre spacers between the SUs and the manifold.

Peter

Im not doing the conversion, just offered the manifold if its any use .

Stuart.

Correct me if am wrong, but aren't all PI heads wide ports? Early carb (pre 1972) cars used the narrow port heads. The spacing between the intake ports (measured on the manifold gasket is .640". Later cars had wide port heads with .840" spacing.

Berry

9 hours ago, dingle said:

Correct me if am wrong, but aren't all PI heads wide ports? Early carb (pre 1972) cars used the narrow port heads. The spacing between the intake ports (measured on the manifold gasket is .640". Later cars had wide port heads with .840" spacing.

Berry

Correct.

Stuart.