TR4 sun visors

Hi Maggie

for the TR4 with either surrey or convertible you need the straight armed rods  The TR4A Surrey can use these.

items #50 & 52   Here  these would be correct

Items 50 & 51 HERE   These are for  the TR4A convertible and are cranked to get around the roof buckle  but will fit.

DO NOT use anything for the TR5/6  whatever the seller says.

Not generally available from the big boys. Can be found on EBAY for apprx £50 +++++

I make my own fr £50 the set

And I believe Tony Sheach is now making them with sturdy ABS plastic ends.

Roger

4 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Maggie

for the TR4 with either surrey or convertible you need the straight armed rods  The TR4A Surrey can use these.

items #50 & 52   Here  these would be correct

Items 50 & 51 HERE   These are for  the TR4A convertible and are cranked to get around the roof buckle  but will fit.

DO NOT use anything for the TR5/6  whatever the seller says.

Not generally available from the big boys. Can be found on EBAY for apprx £50 +++++

I make my own fr £50 the set

And I believe Tony Sheach is now making them with sturdy ABS plastic ends.

Roger

Roger mentioned that Tony Sheach was producing brackets, and those on ebay are from Tony.

As with anything Tony produces, very smart.

Ian Cornish

Although I have been very happy with the rest of my 4a  interior trim from John Skinner, I was pretty disappointed with the sun visors; fairly thin and bendy, also very stiff to rotate on the rods. Although my originals from the US car were completely knackered, they were definitely more substantial. Are there better ones out there?

David

48 minutes ago, qkingston said:

Although I have been very happy with the rest of my 4a  interior trim from John Skinner, I was pretty disappointed with the sun visors; fairly thin and bendy, also very stiff to rotate on the rods. Although my originals from the US car were completely knackered, they were definitely more substantial. Are there better ones out there?

David

Talk to TR Shop, see if they can help with an alternative.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Ive had a small run of these made as all the secondhand ones I came across were defective in some way. For the TR4, but my next job is to get some cranked arms done for the 4a if there is enough interest.

The black blobs are high strength ABS so that they can be threaded and wont crack, the rods are stainless so that they wont rust onto the sun visors and the centre rods have the groove cut into them which allows the visor to stay up / down in the right position. Not strictly replicas but I think better !  Completely interchangeable and take the same coarse thread screws in the same position on the screen surround.

Regards

Tony 

26236BEB-1B00-43BE-8E4D-378C501A0D22.jpeg

8CC345D2-C25E-400B-9321-6AD7793B9E4F.jpeg

E64A78BE-E61B-48A1-A28F-89BE17E5951F.jpeg