Anyone believe this would work?

Never mind will it work - does it even exist ?  This is quite likely to be a scam site. The website was only purchased on July 8th. There was another similar one some weeks back supposedly selling lathes at a ridiculously low price.  

20 minutes ago, Ransomes256 said:

I have seen laser rust removal equipment and it works very well but at a price!

Portable kit about £8K to £9K

Neil

My point exactly, Ive seen them and theyre very impressive till you see the price!

Stuart.

A 100 watt laser system for $40? 

You couldn't touch just the laser for that.

I can't believe many people would fall for this.  It would be smarter for them to put the price at $2-300.  Still a scam, but they would probably sucker more people.

Ed

At £25 a lot of people will place an order just to see what they get. After two or three delivery promises some will just give up and write off the £25, whereas they'd demand a refund if it was £250.

Pete

They would appear to offer PayPal and you could get your money back through their guarantee. Lucky that I don't want one ... (or do I at that price).

Or maybe their link doesn't go to the real PayPal but allows them to see your login details? 

I will order it and start a TR restoration business; being your TR before lunch and pick it up after lunch, fully restored:)

Waldi

My grandfather told me this story.  He was a Kansas farmer in during the depression, and one of the many challenges he had was insects--mainly grasshoppers.  He saw an ad for a grasshopper control method.  "100% guaranteed to kill grasshoppers!" it said.  Desperate, he scraped together the few dollars for the system.

A couple of weeks later, he got a small package in the mail.  Inside he found two small pieces of 2x4 lumber, each roughly cut about four inches long.  Scrawled in pencil was a large "A" on the face of one block, and a "B" on the other. 

The mimeographed instructions read: "Place grashopper in center of block A.  Bring block B down swiftly on top of block A.  Repeat."

Ed

I can't comment on this particular link/product, which seems to have a decimal point error in the price, but i work in optoelectronics industry and the performance of semiconductor lasers is spectacular, and the ability to build compact/portable equipment for medical & industrial applications is real. High power lasers in headlamps and projectors have been around for a few years, now these technologies are becoming lower cost, enabling new applications to become economically viable.  The eye safety issues around lasers will not go away, these things will always be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Its definitely a scam as theres about six different variations of the same ad on FB now all with different sales names on the ads

Stuart.

Deffo a scam.  Friend of mine was looking at a facebook ad for a paddle board really cheap, supposed to be bankrupt stock. Thought he would compare with others for sale and found 8 adverts, all with different seller details, but all showing exactly the same picture. It seems that facebook is an easy target now for scammers.

Ralph

25 minutes ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

It seems that facebook is an easy target now for scammers.

Ralph

Always has been.

Stuart.

12 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Very clever, I like the way the beam actively avoids the oncoming vehicle.

...in a computer simulation Bob.   How well would that work in practice on a bumpy road with bends, dips and crests? How is the oncoming vehicle sensed and from how far away?  Would it do the same for a motorcycle or cyclist ?

Edited by RobH
On 8/14/2022 at 3:57 PM, RobH said:

...in a computer simulation Bob.   How well would that work in practice on a bumpy road with bends, dips and crests? How is the oncoming vehicle sensed and from how far away?  Would it do the same for a motorcycle or cyclist ?

The cars have infra-red headlamps to illuminate street without blinding humans, IR cameras interpret the images, identify cars & humans and steer the white light (laser source) beam accordingly to maximise visibility for driver without blinding oncoming drivers - these have been in production for last ~4-5 years...the video is simulation, but this is real product, shipping in volume by top-tier automotives... we are working on electronically steerable headlamps (LED based) which will allow faster and more precise beam steering. ... like a digital projector inside each headlamp. 

Sounds like a typical modern over-engineered solution to what is really a non-problem.......and I still ask how well it works in practice in real world conditions.  How well can the IR camera actually interpret what it sees, or thinks it sees?  After all we known the camera on a Tesla can mistake a big white truck for the open sky. 

I find most modern cars to be a real nuisance in this respect as the lights are so bright and the cut-off so sharp that they flash and dazzle alarmingly every time the oncoming car goes over a bump.  A few are far worse than others - wonder if it is these things?