LED Dimmer Switch for Dash Fascia on TR4A.

Is there a LED dimmer switch available that has a long enough shank to go through the wood dash fascia.
All of the ones that I can see for sale are not suitable to poke through the dash fascia.
I do not want to convert the original rheostat switch.
As I have a new blank fascia, and not concerned with originality, I would prefer to buy an aftermarket dedicated switch.

This has been covered before.

I think the item you want is a PWM LED Dimmer.

Do an internet search and the results seem endless.

Personally I struggle to see the point of dimming the instrument lights. Even with LED bulbs they are not so bright as to be distracting so I have taken it out of circuit on mine.

Perhaps Triumph fitted the rheostat as a source of trouble and seeking an LED comliant alternative unnecessary.

You could fit an LED compliant one behind the dash as it's not going to be something you will change very often once you are happy with the light levels and leave the originl switch in place to keep the correct "look" even if non-functional.

I don’t have LED bulbs and always found the standard ones useless unless the rheostat was turned right up. Finally did as others have done and removed it from the circuit. The rheostat fell apart when I removed it. I used the knob on my intermittent wipers. 

22 hours ago, RobH said:

Thanks Rob.....I presume you suggesting removing the potentiometer of the controller and replacing it with the guitar one?

Yes - if you need the longer thread to get through the panel.  The controller one is labelled '100k' in the photos so any other of the same value will do the job just as well. 

12 hours ago, Rockie51 said:

I don’t have LED bulbs and always found the standard ones useless unless the rheostat was turned right up. Finally did as others have done and removed it from the circuit. The rheostat fell apart when I removed it. I used the knob on my intermittent wipers. 

Interesting....Using the original wiper motor?

Yes Malcolm. I bought the kit from Retronicsonline.com in the UK. Also sold by Revington. It works with the standard 2 speed motor. I also bought their hazard flasher kit so I know have two extra knobs on the H panel. Top left is the former rheostat which is now the intermittent wipers, centre bottom is hazard lights and the one to the right of that is for the spotlights which are wired but not yet fitted. F3C4FC74-877B-4DE6-8974-AEF984362C6D.thumb.jpeg.5b5f25cfc970d14f11c7efb7c568d7b4.jpeg