TR4 fill gearbox

Dear all

I have problems to find the correct plug to the refill the gearbox. I have two bolts/plugs on the left side and don't know which one to use. I add some photos because it seems that the box does not correspond to the usual thing.

I thank you for your help.

Kind regards.

Pierre

IMG_0001.jpeg

IMG_0005.jpeg

IMG_0008.jpeg

Pierre,

That is not a 4 synchromesh TR4 gearbox.   It is a 3 synchro mesh unit from TR2-3A

Filler is on the top rh front of the remote.  Via a dipstick hole.  Can be seen in your 3 rd photo.

The thing you have unscrewed is the reverse spindle retainer.   Screw it back in without turning the gearbox or engine.  Item 74 here is what you have unscrewed.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/clutch-transmission-drivetrain/gearboxes-components/internal-gearbox-3-synchro-tr2-3a-1953-62.html

The front one on the left side you have undone is the reverse gear selector shaft retainer.  Items 68&69 in above link.  Again screw back in and lock with nut.

Peter W

B848C718-9ADF-45BD-B26F-D6799544AD93.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT