Driving in the heatwave

Was my TR6 the only classic car on the road yesterday? I drove with a friend to meet other friends for a cruise on the Thames in a friend's cabin cruiser. We drove approximately 40 miles across Surrey to Berkshire, the six run beautifully, engine temperature only sightly exceeding normal temp. and oil pressure normal even in traffic. I have  a manual switched electric fan but not needed.

Even in 35deg plus temperature driving with the hood down was quite comfortable, and my friend who had never been in a classic sports car before agreed.

Sadly we did not see another classic car all day. Call us mad but we had a great day classic car driving , trip on the Thames and lunch and I think I have won another convert to classic cars!

I was out in Katie yesterday, albeit only along the A14 a couple of junctions to Curry's in search of an external hard drive that would be compatible with both windows XP and windows-11.  I then did potter around with doing grocery shopping before stopping off on the way home for fish n' chips.  The 4's temperature, with the TR6 seven blade fan was reading warmer than normal, around about 5 o'clock position on the dial but as it was stable there was nothing of concern.   

It was the first time driving the car with just the passenger-side half-surrey-top-lid on.  Tbh the breeze was so warm that it was difficult to sensibly assess air circulation within the car's interior, but still it was nice driving the car like that and the driver's window lowered.  Airy and cooling but not blustery . . .    

Pete

P1430246s.JPG.226c0f835d9c3596f159ac95d16818fa.JPG

1 hour ago, Bfg said:

I was out in Katie yesterday, albeit only along the A14 a couple of junctions to Curry's in search of an external hard drive that would be compatible with both windows XP and windows-11.  I then did potter around with doing grocery shopping before stopping off on the way home for fish n' chips.  The 4's temperature, with the TR6 seven blade fan was reading warmer than normal, around about 5 o'clock position on the dial but as it was stable there was nothing of concern.   

It was the first time driving the car with just the passenger-side half-surrey-top-lid on.  Tbh the breeze was so warm that it was difficult to sensibly assess air circulation within the car's interior, but still it was nice driving the car like that and the driver's window lowered.  Airy and cooling but not blustery . . .    

Pete

P1430246s.JPG.226c0f835d9c3596f159ac95d16818fa.JPG

Beautiful paintwork!

3 hours ago, wheeler said:

Was my TR6 the only classic car on the road yesterday?

I drove my Spit over to Wokingham in the cool warm of the morning and left it with the garage to trace an oil leak. I cycled home on my Moulton, which juuuust fits in the cockpit if there's no passenger seat - removed so they can get to g/b tunnel in case it's an engine-out job!

Cheers, Richard

PS: What's a Moulton? A bit like this one

Moulton_Standard.jpg

3 hours ago, wheeler said:

Was my TR6 the only classic car on the road yesterday? I drove with a friend to meet other friends for a cruise on the Thames in a friend's cabin cruiser. We drove approximately 40 miles across Surrey to Berkshire, the six run beautifully, engine temperature only sightly exceeding normal temp. and oil pressure normal even in traffic. I have  a manual switched electric fan but not needed.

Even in 35deg plus temperature driving with the hood down was quite comfortable, and my friend who had never been in a classic sports car before agreed.

Sadly we did not see another classic car all day. Call us mad but we had a great day classic car driving , trip on the Thames and lunch and I think I have won another convert to classic cars!

Any reason why there is a photo restriction on your Photo bucket photos?

Bruce

I was out on Sunday 34c  80 mile round trip car ran faultless only Std set cooling fan but it does have oil cooler

Driving down in France at the moment, done 700 miles so far with no issues. Monday we were driving down to the Brux area in 45 degrees and
it was HOT.

Just arrived in Parisot and it’s only 35 degrees.

Edited by Kevo_6
6 hours ago, wheeler said:

Hi Bruce 

Photobucket used to be free and now they want a subscription which I am not willing to pay. I will try to put try to put a link to my current cloud provider.

Bill

Would like to see your piccies as well, being a fellow Sapphire Blue owner !

We have the opposite problem. Coldest and wettest Sydney winter for a very long time. It has been very cool here, the other day it was a maximum of 9 or 10 deg C, feels like 3 according to the weather bureau. Brrrrr.

Yesterday I took my daily driver TR2 for a coffee morning with TR friends about 60kms away. Rained the whole way there and back until a few kms from home. We were the only ones silly enough to bring a TR. I did get to make improvements to the cars water proofing, at the front of the sidescreens. 

Next week a dozen or so sidescreens are off for a Christmas in July tour through western NSW. It will be chilly out there and probably wet.

So enjoy your sunshine while it lasts.

4 hours ago, John McCormack said:

So enjoy your sunshine while it lasts.

Well did not last long 15c and raining this morning, typical British weather