TR5 / 6 Superpro bush kit

checking all the bush kits for my rebuild someone advised Superpro was the best ?????

Is the Superpro from Moss the same as the Superpro from others

Moss have a sale with 20% off the price of others and quite a lot more than a certain company

any thoughts

David

I ordered some Superpro spacers for my rear springs recently here in Holland, I double checked with the supplier if they were indeed from Superpro, and got confirmation.

There is only one “Superpro”.

Waldi

Hi,

I used Superflex PU bushes 10 (?) years ago because I‘ve been enthusiastic 

about their very good idea for a rhombic surface inside (the right one on the photo).

This keeps some of the grease inside.

The first nameless ones (left) I used have been too tight and they glued on the falcrumn pin.

P1140692c.JPG.f360cb46ff4b23af5d3afa63f86c94e9.JPG

I don’t know how Superpro looks like, perhaps somebody can post?

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
12 hours ago, Z320 said:

Hi,

about their very good idea for a rhombic surface inside (the right one on the photo).

The first nameless ones (left) I used have been too tight and they glued on the falcrumn pin.

P1140692c.JPG.f360cb46ff4b23af5d3afa63f86c94e9.JPG

Ciao, Marco

Hi, I have Superpro front suspension bushes , bought from Moss. I can confirm that they have the patterned bearing surface as in the one on the right in your photo.

Mike.

Hi David

I've used complete car sets of Superpro bushes in quite a few cars over the years having tried the other brands and being disappointed. Although more expensive they are worth the extra as they allow the suspension arms to operate as if having bearings with very little stiction and transform the ride while been long lasting as long as the grease is liberally applied on assembly.

If fitted correctly the arms will fall under their own weight. The cheaper polybushes will tend to allow the arms to stay where they are and resist movement (stiction) giving in my opinion a harsher ride and less feedback. Just ensure that the apertures and other metal parts of the suspension they are being fitted to aren't too corroded and out of spec as it will affect their performance.

Bought my set from Moss while on sale.

Andy

On 7/12/2022 at 10:01 PM, Z320 said:

Hi,

Ciao, Marco

Marco.... I think the nameless ones were in fact Superpro! I fitted the exact same bushes and they also seized on the pins and they were definitely Superpro. They have changed the design.

Phil.

Hi Phil,

my „nameless“ ones are stamped by the producer, poor to read.

I remember „Grey“ or something like this, an US producer, supplied by Limora 10 (?) years ago. I have to look if wanted.

The problem was they have been too tight AND glued on the falcrum pins.
It really became a problem when I jacked the car: the upper wishbones moved down and the next moment they glued „downwards“.

Back on the wheels the way of travel „up“ was not wide enough to turn the wishbones up again.

This worked manual, but not with the spring in position.

So the front of the car looked like walking on tiptoes, really ugly.

Looking on other TRs this seems to be a problem also to others.

My advice: always have a close look on what happens and make yourself your own thoughts.

This helps.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

IMO, genuine SuperPro are they way to go.

Do look round tho, as while recently seeking a set for a Stag, I found over £125 difference in pricing for a 'car set'!!!

Some sets do not include all the bushes (diff mounts etc)

I am fitting full set of Superpro to my restoration at the moment.  Had a question so emailed them a few weeks ago. Still not got a reply. Shows what they think of customers IMHO.