Best place to mount the hazard light switch

1 hour ago, Phil M said:

Red6

I removed the casing and mounted it on the dash, I used the exact same unit

RegdsPhil

CB211B0F-59C2-4F40-9901-88180E3E589B_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.c460a28514797b455f3ac91260476ca0.jpeg

Thanks Phil, I like that position but unfortunately I have something else mounted there and the hole is too large for the hazard switch.

1 hour ago, saffrontr said:

I mounted mine beside the ignition switch many years ago. As per Phil, mine is the same unit.

Derek

P1000436.JPG

Thanks Derek, I think that is where I might end up fitting it. There is an interior light bulb mounted there but I guess I can easily move that.

3 hours ago, saffrontr said:

I mounted mine beside the ignition switch many years ago. As per Phil, mine is the same unit.

Derek

P1000436.JPG

You have your ignition under the steering wheel, was this an option? Mine is the same in a 1970 '6.

Gareth

Gareth,

The steering lock / ignition switch moved there from CC50001 / CP50001 for all export market cars and at CP52786 for the UK market albeit I have seen a few UK TR6 earlier than this with one fitted. Maybe they were originally destined for export. My own TR6 is a late 71 model CP54529-O.

Derek

46 minutes ago, saffrontr said:

Gareth,

The steering lock / ignition switch moved there from CC50001 / CP50001 for all export market cars and at CP52786 for the UK market albeit I have seen a few UK TR6 earlier than this with one fitted. Maybe they were originally destined for export. My own TR6 is a late 71 model CP54529-O.

Derek

Ah your steering wheel threw me, thought it was a '69.

Gareth

48 minutes ago, saffrontr said:

Gareth,

It is a 69 wheel I quite like them and have had a few different ones over the years.

Derek

Yes they are a nice looking wheel, I've gone from a 15 inch wood rimmed mota lita to a 14 inch leather rimmed mota lita and now I've got a late model 14 inch original wheel. 

Gareth20220708_175603.thumb.jpg.6a0a2b265310f3fd46217cb3b41d1459.jpg

I have the same unit and looked at several places to fit it as my ignition switch is where Phil put his that was a no go.

In the end the second best place for ease of fitting and use I went for the under dash position the same as Derek and it works well

Brian

7 hours ago, brian -r said:

I have the same unit and looked at several places to fit it as my ignition switch is where Phil put his that was a no go.

In the end the second best place for ease of fitting and use I went for the under dash position the same as Derek and it works well

Brian

Thanks Brian, I think I will be doing the same as you and Derek.

Just finished the installation of the hazard switch. Followed the advice and mounted it next to the ignition switch but went for the the right hand side. At the same time I also fitted a buzzer to remind me I had left the lights on again :rolleyes:

IMG_1162.jpeg

On 7/9/2022 at 7:13 AM, saffrontr said:

Gareth,

Derek

Derek, 

Did you make your own bracket for the switch. I'm assuming it's the Lucas 39976 which doesn't seem to come with bracket and needs a separate hazard relay? It looks like Mike has fitted the same one below. 

Kind regards 

Nick