What is this? It looks like a Girling back axle. It must be a very early one as it is fitted to TS2!

Cheers

Richard

DSCN3134.JPG

I never broke a halfshaft with a standard TR2 and that included some spirited driving but I did fit a Girling axle when I fitted a Daimler V8 engine!

Cheers

Richard

Broke two 'Lockheed' shafts, apparently swapping them around mid-life can result in them unwinding. 

Caphead bolts holding shocks on, doubt they can be tight enough and what what is the pipe hose-thing with the horrid pipe clips all about!

MikeJ

Frequent leakage of oil onto rear brakes was the real bugbear on my old TR2, and I did manage to break one half shaft in some 70k miles.

I agree with Mike that that pipe with its pipe clips is a mess.  Could it be the fuel pipe - I hope not!

Ian Cornish

Not a very smart example of what I expected to be a very sound restoration. I must admit to being disappointed in the quality of the restoration on an epic TR2.

That pipe is the tank breather and by the looks of it theres a one way valve fitted to try and prevent fumes in storage.

Stuart.