TR4A Interior Trim Kit

Has anyone here bought the "TR" shop vinyl trim kit.

If so, please advise on quality.

Is the TR shop's supplier the same as other known retailers.

Edited by Malbaby

I've had several of their kits ( a TR4, TR4a and 6) and they have been good quality and fit, and good value. I think their supplier is Newton Commercial, but they will not sell to you direct.

I don't think these kits are sold by the "other" main suppliers so they must source their stock from elsewhere. John Skinner does good quality stuff, but his leather grain is a little bit more pronounced that the TR Shop ones, or certainly on his piping whereas on TR Shop kits, the  piping is smooth/smoother.

I'm sure Stuart will be along shortly to add to the discussion.

Cheers Rich

TR Shop kits are very good and pretty much as close to original looking as you can get. The only thing is when fitting the clips to the door cards you might need to open the clip a bit to fit as the backing board is a little thicker than original. Take your time to get the angles of the clips right and you wont have any problems. I dont use Skinners

Stuart.

I purchased my 4A interior kit , including  seat covers, from the TR Shop last year. It actually was manufactured by Skinners. i agree with Stuart with regards the door card fixing kit holes. I did speak to them about it and the response was ' nothing changed, they have always been made like that'. Apart from that the kit was very good.

Rich

100% agree with all of the above, carpet set and vinyl kit are spot on. Door cards are frustrating as the backing board is slightly thicker but take your time. I'm really pleased with mine, takes a while to fit properly though especially those rear arches. I bought some sound deadening material as recommended by Stuart and also went with a soundproofing kit from TRGB.