Rearmost amber lens variant original

New topic following on from JonnyTR6’s ask for rearmost LHS amber lens, it has prompted me to look and there appears to be at least 5 variants, all Lucas!

Any originality purists out there?!!!

Regards

Bill

IT skill short lived as cannot see how to delete large image and reduce! Just one for now!

0C2D24E5-D509-4EF0-BE21-BD4008D284A0.jpeg

Yeah, only three attempts!

BF9BD1F6-9A94-43F4-A3FC-B7672585E9FB.jpeg

9D67C218-6522-45DF-B924-607578DCA72B.jpeg

FBA799DC-C3A1-4D10-8352-61B004A9EF0A.jpeg

2E74D5DA-A5D5-4616-BBBA-77123BE12A83.jpeg

Hi Bill - thanks for the PM and appreciate you taking the time to take piccies etc.

Here’s mine - hopefully you can see what you need to, but if not, let me know and I’ll take a new pic in the morning.

PS - Apols for the delayed reply :D

Cheers

Jonny

55D0D96F-1283-441B-A9E7-FE8F6A3B57C6.jpeg

A849899F-3907-42FD-86B6-4E91C086A42D.jpeg

Upon reflection (pun intended !) how about I send you my lense and you match it up and if all good, send me your good one back ?

Beer tokens exchanged of course…

Edited by Jonny TR6

I know it isn’t easy to take “photos” but I can’t see either Lucas or L832 on your images Jonny. I had to tilt the lens to catch the reflection of my window. Probably not very easy for you to do if still on the car I imagine!

As to the differences, I’d never noticed, or had need/desire to look as they’re all genuine and not £24 reproductions that I think don’t (or can’t) carry the Lucas mark. I noticed one lens doesn’t have the E11 mark (of Approval) but without research, don’t know when E marking on lenses became mandatory.

The purist replies will be interesting!

My “tardy” reply due to adapting this week a rescue kitten that is Bengal X/farm tomcat, but think she’s got the tiger instinct as well as the farm ratter instinct as she’s a maniac in my house!

Belated regards

Bill

Sorry - was running the rear lights in stealth mode, which hides the Lucas logo etc. (very rare ‘72 only option)

Switched that off and the led torch on, so hopefully better images to match to yours.

Cheers

Jonny

43AC7ED6-AE0C-486C-ABC9-2E1693532F08.jpeg

C8943D4C-6F39-44EC-9453-130598557A25.jpeg

Bill,

A tardy incomplete response follows on the markings on the rear indicator lens from Patrick Huckels over in the USA. 

" E11 is a reference to European Standards with the number 11 being specifically designated to Great Britain. It refers to electronic or electric components on motor vehicles. (SAE) STDA PIR 68 refers to a US Impact Resistance Standard using a PIR-68 tool. 6110 refers to ASTM (American Society for Testing Materials), actually called D6110, which in turn is referred to and called the Charpy Impact Resistance of Notched Specimens of Plastics"

Note that there was only ever one part number for these throughout production so quite how some of the ones you have shown above have missing markings is beyond me, maybe the ones with missing markings are later reproductions.

cheers

Derek