Slipping Clutch

Existing Lacock and Helix driven plate had been in for several years and a lot of miles.

Decided that with a trip to the French Triumpg event in Cognac and Sweden later in the year that a clutch swap in case the Koyo had eaten the fingers might be sensible.

Rebuilt Laycock, new Helix and Koyo bearing put in in time for France. Started slipping on the way to get the ferry. OK if on light throttle so did the trip. 31mpg! 

Took it apart this afternoon. Thoughts on the cover?

The rebuilder has ceased tradiing!  Seems to be a high spot. 20220621_172605.jpg

Andy - who was the rebuilder who has ceased trading please? I have just fitted a reconditioned Laycock clutch and it was noticeable how the machining of the plate surface left radial marks like those I think you can just see in your photo - a number of people queried this, but if felt smooth so we went ahead and fitted it - so far after 500 miles no issues or juddering so fingers crossed - it came from Precision Clutches in the west country.

Cheers Rich

Most certainly mounted correctly there seems to be a high spot on the clutch cover (it was rebuilt by a firm in Leicestershire (Ibstock as I recall) a few years ago when I last changed the clutch)

Have had the one I removed and rebuilt by Precision Clutch Components in Somerset so will fit that. (Posted on Friday along with the old Helix driven plate and arrive back in Wednesday) Flywheel fine.

Precision do ours too, theyre good and will uprate to spec if required as well.

Stuart.