Racing my TR6 in the CSCC Classic race at Spa this weekend as part of the Spa Summer Classic. 
Three TRs in our race out of a grid of 50 cars. Several more Continental based German, Dutch and Belgian TRs in other races.

Fantastic meeting, although the weather forecast isn’t good this year. 
Currently staying overnight in Motorhome on a small farm campsite near Brugge. Will travel to circuit tomorrow and set up in paddock in evening. Test day Thursday, qualifying Friday, race 1 Saturday, race 2 Sunday. Back home Monday. 
Dave McD

Spa update. 
Tested on Thursday and broke the dog box, stripped the teeth off 2nd gear. Oh s—t!

Changed to spare box but that’s only a synchro box with close ratio gear set so changes much slower than dog box. 
Qualified 22nd out of 48 on 3 mins 10 secs, about 8 seconds slower than my previous pace, but at least I get to race. 
Race one Saturday afternoon at 2-45 European time. Race 2 Sunday at 12-55 European time. 
Fingers crossed for no more problems.

Dave McD

Race 2 on Sunday wet. Got up to 7th before spinning and scraping barrier with only 5 or 6 minutes left to run of a 40 minute race. Stalled car and couldn’t restart it, race over. Not happy. 
Met up with Christian Marks, TR4 racer, a regular poster here and was able to help him with a very small but crucial spare part to keep his car going. 
Bring it on again next year. Fabulous event. 
Dave McD

That’s so frustrating for you Dave. I hope the damage is easily and cheaply rectified.

but you did well in the wet to get to 7th.

Sounds great Dave, you are obviously very passionate about racing.

Not bad for a young lad !

Conrad.

Hi Dave,

sorry to hear about your accident.

Hope the damage is not too severe.

Thanks again for the washer.

Was able to become 3rd in Triumph Competition which is not too bad with tires from 2014.